“10/10! Cheap, very clean and excellent!”

Busselton Ithaca Motel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Busselton
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I read the reviews on Tripadvisor before we booked our accommodation wasn't not sure what would expect us. However, the accommodation exceeded our expectations and our two day stay was fantastic. It was so cheap but the room was extremely clean, we had room service every day and the beds were really good as well. Obviously for the price you can't expect a luxury hotel. it is simply but we loved it! I can highly recommend the Busselton Bay Motel!

Room Tip: We had room 11 and stayed with three adults and two little children.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Yvii K

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there twice and that's it, I will not come back.
Location is excellent, very close to the main street and jetty.
However, the rooms are small and old. Bed linean and carpet looks dirty and doggy. No blanket provided.
I wanted some privacy from everyone walk past so I keep the curtain close, the poor lighting in the room could not light up the room. The wall next to the bed was full of dusk and I actually cleaned that for them.
The shower tap was very noicy and no shampoo provided.
No DVD provided as well.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Simon W
Bsnbaymotel, Owner at Busselton Ithaca Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thanks for your review. We welcome feedback of all types. We hope that our guests don't mistake old as dirty. We recognize that our rooms are basic and quite old, it is a heritage property dating back to 1896, but have always prided ourselves on cleanliness. Testament to this is the majority of positive reviews that we have in this regard. We note that this was your second stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology that the property didn't meet the standards of your previous stay. DVD players are available upon request to all guests as mentioned in our in-room compendiums. Your comments regarding lighting is the first time we have received such feedback, I believe a central light and 2 bedside lights are sufficient.We take your comments on board and strive to be constantly improving. Thank you.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My Wife and I have just spent a great six days at Busselton Bay Motel. We were also there last March and wrote a review on our stay at that time.
We made a very late booking and could not be accommodated in Unit 3 as before, however, Dave & Julie ( the proprietors) set us up in unit 11 which is normally a family unit for 5-6 people so we were really spoilt for room. The sleeping,living and shower facilities are meticulously clean and comfortable for this budget accommodation
We have now been there on three or four occasions and feel comfortable and secure. We will certainly return again.
We ate out for lunch each day including Albie's Hotel lunch special (great $16 value),Busselton Rice Buffet (Chinese) "Yummy",The Beach front takeaway cafe (near the Jetty) and The Cod Shop (fish & chips) "both delicious" and Jesters (pies and sausage rolls) "tasty". They were all meals at reasonable cost. Time permitting,I am sure we would have tried out more food venues.
We are a mature age couple and just enjoy the serene nature of Busselton and the easy walking afforded by the flat terrain and the magnificent beach front superbly maintained by the Council.

John & Margaret Aram
Armadale Western Australia

Room Tip: As a couple we have experienced both Unit 3 and Unit 11. Both are clean and comfortable. Unit 11 is...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank john a
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Visited Busselton last year while touring round SW Australia. Stayed initially a couple of nights guided by the local tourist office to the motel. Very pleasantly surprised, shared a twin room with facilities 'down the hall'. Everything clean and all we needed. I hasten to add we were not on a budget as such but delighted to find this for the cost. Weather while in Bussleton was disappointing so made a special detour on way back to Perth and stayed here again! Weather lovely this time and had a lovely relaxing few days before more travel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ValleyNewlander
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the Busselton Bay Motel in early April 2013 for a few nights whilst on a work trip to BUsselton, I really wanted something on a budget, at $69 per night you really cannot get much more budget anywhere. I wasn't expecting much being a motel but was pleasantly surprised, I met Dave the Proprietor on arrival and he filled me in on the history of the place, the main part of the Motel is quote grand, and somewhat tranquil, whilst the motel room was basic. it was larger than I had expected, very very clean and had just about everything we needed. I would both recommend the Busselton Bay Motel and will definitely stay there on my next work visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I have just spent a leisurely 5 days at the Busselton Bay Motel.
We were surprised at the extremely low cost of the accommodation which was very clean and comfortably equipped. Our unit was an en-suite duplex with shower and toilet facilities. We are an elderly but active couple and enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere of the historic complex and the easy access to the Busselton townsite.The management and staff of the motel were obliging and friendly and we would recommend the motel as a great alternative to tourists on a budget. We will certainly return again

Margaret and John Aram

Room Tip: We selected an en-suite duplex (Unit 3) which admirably suited our requirements
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank john a
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We booked this motel for 3 couples on a public holiday weekend and the owners were so obliging as to squeezing us in. Everything we needed was there for us. This lovely old heritage building has extra common rooms so it was great for just sitting around and relaxing with our friends. The gardens have big shady trees which added to the ambience. Very well situated - close to all the touristy attractions in Busso.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends