“"Rude" Lady in reception and cleanliness a bit ordinary!!”
Review of Esplanade Hotel

Esplanade Hotel
Ranked #12 of 16 Busselton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I found the lady at the reception rather rude and needs to brush up on her people skills when dealing with the public!!
We could look out of the room's window without even opening the curtains.Surely with the cost of the room they could purchase a new set of curtains.Bathroom needed a good scrub and obviously "they cut corners" cause they weren't even clean!Even the benches in the room.
Do you use cleaning products????
Speaking to other guests staying at this hotel had the same opinion as above.
I say the only good thing about this place is the position.
Having since read other comments why hasn't this hotel acted- i ask the question???????Won't be staying at this place again!!!
And no i usually don't complain sofor me to do so it must be pretty bad!!

Room Tip: Ask for one thats clean!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shaz h

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We found the experience overall good, and above avarage. I stayed 3 nights, one as part of a business trip, and my partner two. Room rates for the separate units was $140 per night per couple for the ground floor. They were quiet, spacious, clean, reasonably modern and comfortable. The a/c was great, well above average in quality and quietness. Food was really good, with decent portions and fresh, quality ingredients served to restaurant quality. The menu catered for a range of tastes, although it was not fancy. Service was really good, with friendly staff and really quick responses and no delays in the kitchen. Restaurant and bar prices were very reasonable.

Room Tip: Try a room behind the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I had the same experience as above. We were quoted a very good price as we were booking a lot of rooms for a wedding. Its a long story but the Owners wife was so rude to all of us and refused to honour our quote. She changed her reasons depending on who she spoke to, her excuses included denying her staff had quoted us, to charging per person, to weekend packages to no weekend packages. She refused to look at us when she spoke to us and blamed us for the mix up. She couldn't of cared less. Funny thing is though our guests were from overseas, 6 different countries, all over country WA, from Kalgoorlie right through to Karratha and every where in between. Imagine my horror as the Grooms Mother who had passed on the quotes to guests when they began ringing me as they tried to book in and were gob smacked at the filthy attitude of this woman. We have all agreed to let the bush telegraph spread the word on this shameful Hotel and none of us will ever stay there again. I am ashamed to think that someone like this is the face of our hospitality. Oh and by the way we had to pay full rate in the end!!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank sharon n
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Fantastic location within walking distance to beach busselton jetty and town. That is the only plus. We stayed in a standard room, $110 a night. The delux rooms were an extra $50, that should have been a warning.
- no toiletries
- no hairdryer
- no hand towel
- no bedside lamps
-no tissues.
Overall the room is dated and fixtures shabby, the bathroom is just plain old. The shelf above the sink was so flimsy that everything just rolled off. There is a general griminess to the whole room, dirty taps and very stained carpet.
Stay somewhere else, unfortunately we didn't check trip advisor before we saw hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Vicki H
Reviewed February 3, 2012

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT ever stay at this hotel. The owner's wife, probably the same one featured in Marty's review told me when I complained that the advertised wifi was not working in my room that I should stay somewhere else next time and when I responded that I would, she told me I was a very rude person. These people do not deserve to have a business. Absolute DUMP!! and DISGUSTING attitude. Hmmmm interestingly I have not seen any good reviews so far. That's gotta tell you something

Room Tip: WARNING do not go near this hotel at all
Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2012

On a recent trip to busselton, my boyfriend and I decided to eat at the hotel for dinner. . . Bad mistake!
We were told to make reservations for dinner but when we rocked up we just got told "take any table you don't need a reservation". Glad the pub wasn't full otherwise we wouldn't of had a table. We both decided on chicken Parma but apparently the napoli sauce comes out of a tin and can't tell us ingredients of it, which helped with food allergies so I was told just order something else we can't help you anymore!
Oh and don't even concider they're cocktails as they don't have all the ingredients for them but we still sell them to you for full price without telling you!
Would never consider returning even to feed my dog!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Lozb44
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Our room was so noisy being right next to a generator which was also clearly broken. No sleep and my 4 year old had very little. When I brought this to the attention of the hotel OWNER, her way of apology was "well we don't know these things until people tell us so it's not our fault". She then felt it necessary to question the rate her staff member gave us and then in front of us rang her on her day off to demand a reason why we were on a 1 night rate rather than a 2 night rate. A horrible women to have to deal with. I would steer clear of this hotel like the plague.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family