“Convenience”

Busselton Jetty Chalets
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Convenience”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

The main purpose of spending a night here is not rather than visitng the famous Busselton Jetty. It is unfortunate that the jetty is closed for renovation thus we can't walk along the jetty and visit the Underwater Observatory. The chalet is a bit far from town centre if you do not have a car, its about 20 minutes walk but the main reason why you chose here is its close proximity to the jetty. Walking along the coastline during sunrise or sunset and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The 2 bedroom unit consists of 1 double and 1 twin room with a small kitchen/ living area in between. The rooms are small and simple yet is clean. There are no tv set in the room with a small tv placed in the living area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BTLim

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Perth
Reviewed January 27, 2009

As a family we have stayed at the Busselton Jetty Chalets a number of times. I say a number of times as we love coming back. We have never had any issues with the owners or the condition of the chalets. They may be advertised as budget accomodation however the rooms are clean, tidy and the owners have thought of all the small things that make a difference to your stay.
The location of the chalets in relation to town, the jetty, beach and playgrounds/parks for the children is great. We can walk to the park and then the jetty for an icecream in about 10min. The front office also holds plenty of brochures with information about things to do in the region.
Overall a great stay and we will continue to come back. The onwers/staff have always been friendly and welcoming.

Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Abby009
Perth
Reviewed November 29, 2008

Nice grounds, and everything seemed to be fine (but you definitely get what you pay for - don't expect luxuries). Budget accommodation.

It would have been fine if the owners hadn't bullied me!

I was staying with 2 other friends for our trip.
We met another two friends who visited us and parked their car in the grounds and we all went out for a few drinks.
Anyhow I came back to the room, alone, to watch TV (Croc Dundee 2 - bad movie!) and to contemplate the hangover I was going to have the next day.
So about 8pm-ish I get a knock at the door.

Outside are the angry owners who say that there are extra people staying the room. And I mean really hostile. I was definitely worse for wear after having some drinks, and the whole thing was very sudden and confrontational.

We argued outside for a little while, and they wouldn't leave me alone, even though we were creating a disturbance, and I was alone in the room! Where were the extra people?!

Anyway they wouldn't leave me in peace until I went down to the office and paid $100 for the "extra two people" on top of the three paid for. Frankly I would have done anything to get them out of my face. I really can't describe enough how rude, aggressive and badly they treated me.

Needless to say, only three people stayed in the room that night.
The lesson is not to have friends in town visit you while you are staying there, and not to be drunk because the owners will come knocking on your door well after hours, hitting you up for extra cash. And they are very, very aggressive.

Any other accommodation provider, if they did think extra people were staying, would wait till the morning when you hand back the keys.

It was interesting that they were watching the room to know about our friends visiting, then they should know that only three people slept there that night.
I feel that they waited til someone was alone in the room before they decided to try their tactics - almost predatory.

I am not a confrontational person, and had a hangover the next day - I was not in any mood to give them a serve about how they operate. So to help other people I am writing this review.

Beware of accommodation owners who front up to your room late, while you are alone and drunk, and very aggressively bully you into giving them cash.

The stay would have been excellent if it wasn't for that kind of service.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Unpleasant interactions with the owners. The are baby boomers so I only recommend this place for older travellers.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
7 Thank beksy

Travelers are raving about these Busselton hotels