“Great spot for lunch”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We stopped by The Goose on our journey from Perth to Prevelly Beach and it was a welcome break from the car and a little oasis.

We found an interesting menu and good service. We ordered from the tapas section and 4 of us shared Oysters, Sardines, Gnocchi, Pate and Calamari all of which were very tasty.

Little Creatures beer is always a winner for me and the girls enjoyed the Rose.

All in all it was a lovely spot for the afternoon, very pleasant to while away a few hours and watch the dog walkers, runners and jetty tourists.

Would happily recommend to all of my friends and family.

Reviewed December 31, 2010

Although quite pricey it's has a nice relaxed atmosphere lovely views of the foreshore. A first date night or a night away for the parents or older couple. Food tends to go in favor to to girl a bit to boring for the mans taste but a place to impress tappas are popular there.

Reviewed December 26, 2010

Wish I had read these reviews before we went there last night.
Whilest I will say the waitresses were friendly, and service was good for us, the food was shocking.
Because I am gluten free I couldnt have any of the tapas so I went for the lamb cutlets. They were 50% fat and on the sides was a plain baby spinach (like from a packet from coles) with beetroot which was supposed to be roasted but I promise it was from a can! AFter mentioning it, the never actually denied that it was but had somelong winded excuse - so that was over $40!!! What a rip off.

Dont be deceived from the outside - decore I love, the food is jsut so overpriced, and not even good for cafe food.

Wont go again!
Ps - I dont think it takes much to get it right. WE spent the day in Margaret River (at the MAZE) there and THEY even had it right with their cake and coffee / service.

Reviewed December 21, 2010

The service at The Goose is awful. There was just two of us and it took 20 minutes to get our drinks, and then over an hour just to get our bread (after asking three times). The waitstaff initially were apologetic, with the maitre d' apologizing and promising a free dessert. After our mains, which were nice and the only saving grace, we had to wait another 20 minutes for our plates to be cleared and then prompt the waitstaff for the dessert menu. After waiting yet again we then decided we had had enough and just got the bill. Even with them taking the first round of drinks and bread off the bill, this place was just not worth it. They are in a great location right at the jetty at Busselton,and the food was good, but with service this poor I will not be going back or recommending to anyone.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

We were at the end of a trip to Bussleton and decided we wanted to have a 'nice' lunch, i.e. looking to spend money on a really decent meal in a really decent location. Location great, although difficult to enter with a pram where the restaurant had signed 'entrance'. Views fabulous and the decor made us believe this was going to be a really great restaurant. Service started well with drinks order taken, although no water offered. Friendly staff took our order and all seemed well. Still no water. 45 minutes later a third waitress came wandering to our table at the far end of the restaurant. We had not been offered drinks again and still hadn't even had our entree. We asked for drinks, and water and also asked if they could check on our meals which was met with a 'yeah, they are coming' Drinks order arrived, was incorrect and still no water! 5 minutes later the second waitress came back to say she hadn't actually put our order in! They brought out our entree about 15 minutes later which was the terracotta bread and very nice. Lunch came out promptly after that so about an hour and a half after we got to the restaurant. My husband had the seafood chowder which was the most expensive menu item at $37. It was full of fish scales, closed mussels and had a greasy skin on it. I had the gnocchi which was average and very, very greasy as it was served with a pat of herbed butter on the top. They didn't offer cracked pepper which is unusual for a fine dining restuarant, so went to help myself... lunch got a whole lot worse when the salt and pepper grinder combo unit fell apart into my meal! The whole thing! It had corroded and the metal lid came off. I really wanted to cry! In their favour, they made me another meal but by this time I just wanted to get the hell out of there. So, all in all a really bad, overpriced, poorly cooked experience with terrbible service and , to top it off, my pet hate of paper serviettes in an a la carte restuarant. We let them know about the fish scales and they said they would tell the kitchen. Again, In their favour they did take the two glasses of wine off of the bill, but it wasn't enough compensation to sweeten the experience.