“Delicious”

Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2014

A few years ago - I'm not telling you how old I am now - but I celebrated my 50th birthday with 9 of us, enjoying a delicious dinner, when the Petticoat Lane festival was on. On this trip we returned to Samovar, to meet a friend for coffee and heard this restaurant had been through some bad times, but had new people making a huge difference and it seems to be true. My friend said the new kids play area was a point of difference. We enjoyed a long chat over coffee, wandered around the town to search for a suitable restaurant, and found ourselves returning to Samovar for dinner. My partner is a vegetarian, so he's fussy about his food and he enjoyed his veggie stack, although he did say he should have added an extra side dish. My meal of fish on fetta mash was perfect. Good service. Relaxed up-market feel. We hope to return soon. - Sharon & Bruce

LisaAndNat, Owner at Samovar, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thanks Sharon and Bruce for your positive feedback. We are so happy you decided to return. We are making a conscious effort to provide a welcoming atmosphere with great food at good prices where families can interact, while the kids play. We have separate sections in the restaurant for non families too. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

The food was not cooked well. Coffee was burnt. Waste of $50
Told waitress it was bad food and they didn't offer anything back

LisaAndNat, Owner at Samovar, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thanks WookieMarch for your feedback. I am sorry you travelled all the way from Geraldton and were not happy with your coffee. It is unusual for our barista to be told her coffee is burnt. Our barista on that day is very well qualified and we have not had any other complaints about her coffee since she started. We hope to see you back in Busselton one day.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This restaurant has new owners and the improvement is noticed. The food is great, good value for money and the new decor with open area to eat is welcome. We called in unexpectedly, got a table and did not have to wait long. Good choice and fresh produce staff, staff very helpful. Would recommend to all diners.

LisaAndNat, Owner at Samovar, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thanks jp120114 for your positive feedback. We are trying a lot of new things. We encourage bookings because this helps us make sure we have enough staff on to provide the best service and food possible in a timely manner. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Came today for brunch with the family. Was very busy but acknowledged and served straight away. We were advised meals would be about 20 minutes and we had them in 15. Staff were VERY friendly especially our waitress Lisa.
The kids were kept occupied with their placemats over brunch and then in the games room while we "chilled".

Will definitely be coming back next time in busso.

LisaAndNat, Owner at Samovar, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thanks Breht for your lovely comments. We would love to see you again next time you are in Busso.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was the worst dining experience I have ever had. We waited over an hour to get fried eggs on toast and eggs Benedict and my meal arrived 20 mins before the other couples meal at our table. The staff were rude and seemed bothered to serve us. Now the food... The food was tasteless and boring. I specifically said strictly no bacon on my eggies Benedict... I got bacon on my benedict. Absolute waste of money and 2 hours of my time.

LisaAndNat, Owner at Samovar, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thanks KitKatKita for taking the time to put your comments on TripAdvisor. We apologise for the delay in your food coming out. This was an extremely busy weekend where we only had 3 bookings, but had over 150 people walked into the restaurant for breakfast. We have addressed some of systems and processes to help people on the same table order together. As our food is cooked fresh and not pre-prepared like a buffet, there was a wait time this day which we have addressed with our POS staff to encourage them to advise customers of the wait time before they order.