“Will never go back”

Reflections Cafe at Abbey Beach Resort
Ranked #47 of 104 Restaurants in Busselton
Reviewed February 25, 2011

After being seated, we waited 20 minutes for someone to take a drink order. When the waitress arrived, she took our order for drinks and entrees, and immediately rushed us into order our mains. Our entrees came out in a timely manner, however we never received the wine we requested. Our mains were delivered to the table soon after, but still no drinks. The meal was bland, and in our opinion, overpriced. Our empty dishes were removed from the table before we could finish swallowing our food. We paid at the counter and the wine we ordered was on the bill, so when we informed the cashier, we expected at least a half -hearted apology, but not a word. No 'sorry', 'how was your meal', no 'thank you', no 'enjoy your evening'.....no personality. Not a smile or a warm exchange or anything. About as bland as the food.

Reviewed February 13, 2011

A great selection that is quick and easy to the table. Very good staff who are always helpful

Reviewed May 14, 2008

Beware if you stay at the Abbey Beach Resort in Busselton, We had the misfortune of getting food poisoning, we checked in and were looking forward to a relaxing stay, instead a few hours after dinner my wife and I fell violently ill. We also had our 10 month old baby with us who was fine, obviously as he didn't eat the same as us. After a horrible sleepless night of D&V, we checked out at 6am to make the 4 hour drive home. On check out I was waiting for someone to ask how our stay was, nobody did. When we got home I called the hotel and was told that the hotel didn't in fact own the restaurant, in fact the restaurant was owned by the owners son, who called me back. I informed him about our stay and our suspicion that we got food poisoning, the restaurant owner asked me how long after we ate, did we get sick. I told him 3 hours, he then went on to tell me that the Doctors in Busselton are of the opinion that that is too soon and it takes longer,, I mean how cheeky, I am a health professional myself and here was this guy trying to quote false medical opinion...In fact I guess he was calling me a liar. I called the Health Department, they advised we visit a doctor and get stool samples, at this stage 15 hours later, we couldn't produce a stool sample, hence my advice, when you stay at Abbey Beach Resort, bring a stool sample container.. All I wanted was an apology and a refund from the hotel for the desert that made us so ill, instead of them asking how we were, they just wanted to fob us off. I feel it is my duty to share this information.

1  Thank dublindavid1