“Dont bother”

Reflections Cafe at Abbey Beach Resort
Ranked #46 of 101 Restaurants in Busselton
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Don't bother - over priced and very poorly cooked food.
Service was terrible even though there was only 3 other tables with people at them.
Food was delivered to table burnt!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

After checking out of a room at Abbey Beach Resort, I thought I'd grab a quick bite to eat before leaving. The breakfast menu was pretty pricey (in my opinion) so I just opted for a latte' and 2 pieces of toast. The Coffee was okay, but the toast was cold. This could be due in part to an elderly lady tripping over upon entering the cafe, so all the staff rushed over to help her up. They told her people trip over that all the time, so she wasn't the first one...she was okay but that's a bit of a worry!
I enjoyed reading a copy of the Sunday Times paper while waiting about 10-15mins for my order to be brought out to me (there was only about 4-6 other people in the cafe at the time) so service could have been a bit speedier, but after I was served I noticed a gentleman had come in to compain about a meal from the night before that he'd ordered through 'room service' so that could've kept staff busy. Not a bad little cafe, but I think I'd prefer to drive into Busso and visit one of their friendly little cafes for coffee/breakfast next time.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

stale food & un-trained staff, who didnt know they were selling, even though the choice of cake amounted to a selection of four.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The staff are a credit to the Cafe.
Food in the Reflections Cafe was fantastic, nice setting fast service well worth the wait.
Belinda and Marcus

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed at the Abbey Beach beginning of Feb. We decided to go to the Cafe for dinner rather than travelling into town.

We were able to get a table without booking and for a Saturday night it was very quiet, probably only 3 other tables taken when we arrived.

They we quick to take our orders, we decided to go straight to mains and not get an entrée. Definitely regretted this decision due to having to wait over a 1 hour wait for our mains - we were starving by the time they arrived!!

At no time during our wait did anyone come over to apologise for the delay, nor did they come back to see if we wanted another drink.

We were not the only one's in the cafe waiting and I could see the other tables were also waiting a long time for their meals. I’m not sure what was going on in the kitchen that resulted in us having to wait over 1 hour for a simple burger and chicken schnitzel. Although I suspect they were giving room service orders priority.

Unfortunately the burger patty was also quiet dry and over cooked when I got it, luckily there was enough salad and sauce to balance out the dry patty.

If we come back to Abbey Beach we will not be going back to the cafe for dinner.

1  Thank Traveltraveltravel13
Rod_Hughes01, General Manager at Reflections Cafe at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for comments regarding your dining experience. I am disappointed in your comments regarding your dining experience. I can only summize that there were takeaway or room service orders in the system before you ordered, which would contribute to the wait time. That being said the waitstaff should have notified you of the wait time. Sorry to hear about the burger patty, we sell many many burgers and have not had that comment from others rethe burger, but will certainly pass it onto the chefs. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Café in the future.