“Great grill”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual dining. Groups, families, business. Strictly no BYO
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Great choice for a first night in Albany. Staff appeared immediately and table was presented despite a busy crowd in. Attentive service, although first server merely nodded to the menu when I enquired about draught beer. Hmmm. Food order was swiftly taken and after only a short wait we were presented with four very good sized and very tasty serves. Puddings were not required!

2  Thank muddyoldengr
rustlersAlbany, Owner at Rustlers Steakhouse and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that the response regarding your draught beer was not acceptable and I am still trying to find out which staff member it was so that I can correct them on the response to questions. I do appologise but perhaps they may have misunderstood your question. We are pleased that every thing else was good.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Had a meal with work colleagues on 7/8/12. Very disappointing and embarrassing as we had a couple of visitors to town with us. Drinks were ordered and mine was forgottten about, I requested again it was also forgotten the second time and after some time our courses began to arrive I ordered my drink again which came out this time just before my meal (everyone else by this time were onto their second drink), my meal of chicken was very nice so no complaints there. Not so for others on my table, two that ordered the chicken caesar salad were very disappointed and felt the chicken was like rubber on very large lettuce leaves. Two others ordered a dish with prawns one gots hers all together whilst the other received her steak and was told the prawns were still coming and received them about 10 minutes later. One other their meal was totally forgotten about so they got to eat 15-20 minutes later than the rest of us, as if that wasn't bad enough when it came time to finalising the account we were charged for two drinks that we did not receive, this had apparently happened to one of the people at our table once before so they were very aware to check the bill carefully. Dessert was quite nice though nothing extra special. Staff were not busy and only a few tables filled so we expected to receive better service than we did. I have been to this restaurant many times but have to say this is the worst I have found and will really consider options before going back, perhaps as a last resort as it definately did not live up to expectations or reputation. Very disappointing.

1  Thank petasc
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I find it hard to express my disgust. I took my family out for dinner and regret my decision to go to Rustlers. We still have not received our garlic bread we ordered ( at least we were not charged for it) we ordered 2 kids meals for our 3 children, the nachos and the burger. The nachos were reasonable but a portion an adult would have struggled to finish, the burger was big and very dry and hard to swallow and the bun was burnt. I got the ribs and steak and my wife got the ribs full portion. I ordered the garlic and chive sauce on the steak, the sauce it came with was brown and had a very strong mustard taste.. The ribs smelt off and tasted worse i could not eat them at all. my wife covered them in the tomato sauce for the wedges and ate hers. My wife never complains about food but she has rated them as a 0 out of 10 and sworn never to eat there again.

5  Thank WayneHancock
rustlersAlbany, Owner at Rustlers Steakhouse and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

We have been over your review many times and are very sorry that your night out was such a bad one. We have dined in many restaurants and occassionally not enjoyed our meal, but have had to put it down to bad choice and not blamed the establishment. Our Ribs are the biggest selling product on the menu. and we can assure you that the turnover of our ribs is so huge that there is absolutley no chance that they could be off and believe in this case you made a bad choice for your palate We have never had complaints about the meals being too big, and we are sorry that your burgers were dry. It was a very busy night and the follow up on meals was not as it should have been and we have spoken to staff about it and will try and follow up in a better manner. We do however, feel that your review was a bit harsh and hope that you can find a suitable restaurant in Albany for your family to dine in when you next visit.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

One of the best steaks I have eaten anywhere on the planet, would happily fly back from the UK just for another meal here!

3  Thank Chris A
rustlersAlbany, Owner at Rustlers Steakhouse and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for writing a great review. We are so pleased that your meal was so great and sorry it is such a long way to come back for a great steak. Hope we will see you again

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Had a excellent rare eye fillet with some Rickety Gate classic red! Can't go wrong at Rustler's. Good bread, salad, meat and general atmosphere. Service was also very timely and friendly.