“Yum Yum”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual dining. Groups, families, business. Strictly no BYO
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I was worried cause I don't eat meat and the name scared me.....but....I had seafood and was it good or what!? delicious and what's more my friends licked their plates and they all had meat. How bizarre a restaurant that can cook seafood and meat? A really nice change.

The service was ok too and the staff were friendly and the wine was local and tops. The atmosphere was like a large Perth restaurant so that was a surprise too cause I prefer the Albany style myself. But without a doubt I want to go again in fact am salivating thinking of it.

If you want good food, guess what they must have a top chef at the moment so make the most of it.

2  Thank homenaway

Reviewed October 9, 2011

I loved this place, the food was amazing even tried something different for entree the stuffed peppers and they were delightful. The service was spot on and very friendly we even saw when the wait staff were busy the chef answering the phone the whole place had a friendly vibe. It is a little pricey but you have to pay that to get good steak and well worth it

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Felt like we were in USA again..Good serves and nice food.. Service quick,, maybe a little too quick!

1  Thank elle054
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Went there on Friday 16 September 2011 with my wife.
We had just driven in from Perth and had been told this was a good place to eat.
When we checked into our hotel the manager called and booked for us. She suggested that a booking would be a good move. On that basis we thought the place would be pretty busy and popular.
So, called at about 6pm - got a reservation for 2 for 7:30.
Arrived at the restaurant on time - small problem with the booking, I think they booked it under the manager's name.
Anyeay, we worked it out and were seated. From the outside the place looks fairly small and cosy. When you get in you realise it is actually cavernous - it stretches a long way back.
We were seated in the front area which was quite cosy. There are lots of hard surfaces so it was a little noisy. The restaurant - when you factor in the booths in the back - was less than half full.
The restaurant has a sort of corporate family restaurant feel... more a Tony Roma than a Sizzler 'though thank goodness.
Service was good, we are attended to promptly and have no complaints there.
The food, however, was good - but not great.
I had the steak and ribs, the wife had the ribs. The steak was a nice piece of meat, tender, tasty and well cooked but while they ask you how you want it cooked (ie bluse/rare/med/well etc) they don't ask about seasoning or sauces. So, you can get a sauce on your steak - but you must ask for it and it costs extra. Otherwise you will receive a good piece or meat but already well seasoned and without any type of sauce or gravy.
My ribs were not bad, the wife was a little underwhelmed with hers. (Since I mentioned Tony Roma I might as well say here that the ribs are not a patch on Tony's).
So, we had shared an entree (cheese and garlic bread), and had a main each. I also had a soft drink. The price = $78 (approx - from memory)
Frankly the price wasn't that bad, but nor would I consider it great value for money either.

2  Thank johnpaladin
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Went there for a dinner with clients and was very disappointed. The meals prices are expensive compared to other restaurants of comparable quality. Service is poor and it is noisy. Overall not a pleasant experience and would find an alternative.
Meal ran late and they offered free drink which never arrived. When meal finally arrived it reminded me of a boot. My clients weren't impressed either.

1  Thank Jane R