“Great food”

Ranked #9 of 130 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Barbecue, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are open 6 days a week. We offer local wine and seafood. Beer on tap. Fully licenced. Prices to suit everyone. Children under 10 eat for free.
Perth, Australia
“Great food”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Great food, service is fun but really had no idea about appropriate table etiquette. For a resturant that has great food the service needs to step up to meet the standard of the resturant. I usually over look this and visit when in Albany.

1 Thank Tim H

“LOVE LOVE LOVE”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family and I have been several times. It's really great. Peter bends over backwards to ensure the special dietary challenges my daughter and I have are catered for. He's a really switched on Chef. It's a gorgeous menu anyway with local produce such as fresh seafood and beef. Yes it's a bit pricey but on a par with other restaurants. The dessert menu is lovely too. The other staff are very good. Professional and efficient. We have been twice now, with a large group, and on a busy night. They coped wonderfully. Sorry if some don't agree. I would say give them another chance. Take the trouble to talk to them about the problems you encountered. It is a service provider and anyone would want to know how to do things better.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank GlobalGypsiez
Perth, Australia
“Over rated, poor service and very expensive”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We were recommended to eat here by a man at the tourist bureau. We made a booking and ate on a Saturday night. The prices for food were high, and many of the top end restaurants in Perth were better value.
The big problem was the service and the time it took to get our food. It was over an hour between when the entrées were served and the main courses came. The main was only grilled fish which would not take long to cook. The staff did not seem to care about the delay and were annoyed when I started asking how long the food was going to be.
Overall it was a high priced disappointing night.
I'd never go there again.

Australia
“Beautiful food served pleasantly and friendly.”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

After looking on Trip Advisor for a restaurant in Albany we decided to give Mean Fiddler a try - we didn't have a booking as it was a last minute decision so rocked in just after opening time and was greeted very pleasantly. Explained we didn't have a booking but wondered if they could accommodate us (just the two of us). They very kindly said that if we were happy to eat and be completed by 7.30pm that yes we could have a table. We accepted with pleasure and noted that a couple of other diners seemed to have just walked in like us and were offered a similar option. It suited us as we were quite tired and were happy to eat early and get back to our accommodation. At no time did we feel we were being rushed or treated differently to a booking. We had two beautiful mains - presented exquisitely, lovely fresh ingredients and prepared with care. My husband had the pork belly - which was melt in your mouth. And I had a lovely chicken in creamy sauce with vegies - delicious! We succumbed to temptation and ordered a dessert to share, I think it was called No 4 Raspberry and it was presented so beautifully as a sort of fun dish the waitress explained - it was yum!!! We also enjoyed some lovely Rickety Gate wines and coffee. Definitely recommend this restaurant - lucky Albany - wish I lived closer to enjoy it on a regular basis. Will certainly return at the next opportunity.
PS. Some might think the prices are a little high but for the quality of the food you will not be disappointed!

• Visited December 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
“I will recommend it”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We had a delicious lunch. The quality is really high. The prices are also a bit higher then normal but the quality compensates for it.