“Poor service and lack of food.”
Review of ChiCha Street Food - CLOSED

ChiCha Street Food
Cuisines: South American
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Went by chicha several times during our stay in Albany and thought we would eat there one time. Stopped one day for lunch. Firstly we had to seat ourselves as there was no wait staff at the entrance. We sat down and then 5 mins or so later the waitress comes over. She precedes to tell us that there was no chicken wings (entree) or any of the burgers left(mains). Burgers are a third of the menu. How could a big eatery run out of burgers?. She didn't seem to care and said when we are ready to order just come up the counter. We soon walked out of there. We were there at 1.30 so not extremely late.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The food was delicious, I have been looking for something just that little bit different in Albany and at last I found it.

The atmosphere was fantastic with brilliant music played throughout and the warm smells from the kitchen had my mouth watering.

The portions was very generous and it tasted handmade rather then from a packet.

The staff were lovely and really went out of their way to make sure me and my friends were well looked after. They stopped to have a chat while we waited for our food and it made all the difference. Would recommend to anyone and I will be going there again many times.

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

On a friends recommendation we visited with our 2 young children and were not disappointed. Friendly, casual atmosphere with mouthwatering food cooked fresh and handmade.
No "kids menu" but ordering the fish and chips to share was more than enough for our 2 under 5's. My husband had a burrito, so filling he was impressed. The pork belly tacos was my choice and I couldn't fault. So many South American dishes, at great prices. BYO for added convenience with no corkage fee. Highest praise for the Chef and Staff. ChiCha's will be our food stop everytime we come to Albany.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Street-side South American style food. Offers an uncomplicated casual lunch and dinner menu. Sit in or take away. Very friendly staff, and great tasting food with generous serving size. The only suggestions to offer the managers are to (a) consider some blinds on the west face windows - if you sit in and face the west before sunset, the light is blinding; and
(b) improve the background music.

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

this is my new favourite place to eat. awesome street art & vibe with delicious street food. pork tacos were so delicious. BYO with no corkage fee is also a great bonus!!!!!