“Nice restaurant.”

The Ivy on York
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Ivy on York is fully licensed. Great food and a relaxed atmosphere.Good for groups. We serve gluten free food.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My meal was lovely.
Price of drinks fair.
Atmosphere inviting.
Staff? Fantastic!
Overall. Great place.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Quirky surroundings and a delicious menu, great happy staff.
We had fillet steak an red wine sauce, Pork belly on cheesy macaroni with English spinach, with the steak I had smoked baked potatoes. followed down by a gorgeous Chocolate moose cheesecake. The Chef is a master, all of the flavours just meld so wonderfully. One out of the box! Fantastic! Thank You!

1  Thank seens_13
Reviewed June 1, 2014

A busy public holiday weekend however when we arrived it was fairly quiet. We ordered and waited a long time for 3 fairly simple meals. The meals were unappealing. Service was average, no smiles. I asked 3 times for an extra plate as kids were sharing and eventually just got one myself from the coffee counter.

Karin M, Owner at The Ivy on York, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Like you said, it was busy. I feel it is a bit harsh to say we are no good because the plates where not brought out in time. Did you notice that I did not charge you public holiday rates or that we opened on Sunday to give you a meal?

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Came here for coffee with my husband and son. We took a set and waited so long for service that we thought that they had thought we had left. My husband even told them we were still waiting. When they finally came with a menu and then wanted our order almost straight away.
The coffee, spider and chips were good but the cakes were old they had started to dry out.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

My Family and I decided to try out The Ivy as we had been there yet and it was one of the Worst places we have ever eaten at.

We had ordered garlic bread and oysters as our entrees, they completely forgot to bring out our oysters until they were serving our main meals.
In doing so they had to put our main meals back in the oven until we finished the oysters.

The staff then brought out our main meals which were Reef & Beef with potato chips.
I lifted the steak and the plate was full of Oil about half a cm thick. The chips were drenched and you couldnt even taste the flavor of the steak it was just that oily.
My husband called a staff member over and told them to take it away as he was sickened by the amount of oil and that the chef should be told.
The staff member then came back out with the plates of food we had returned and told us that the chef said that it was the way it was supposed to be as it was a garlic sauce. They told us they will make another one for us but my husband and another diner with us refused as we were put off by the food and lack of service.

My husband and I dine out a lot and we have NEVER returned a dish because we were unsatisfied.

For the price of the food it isn't worth the money.

We wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

Hi there, You did not know that I was sitting at the table next to you, the lady that switched off the heater to make you comfortable? I heard the waitress say, please let me change this for you and you said no, its alright. We would have replaced the meal for you, why did you not let us?