“Good decor, left wanting more... because we were starving.”
Review of Rats Bar

Rats Bar
Ranked #25 of 130 Restaurants in Albany
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Canada
“Good decor, left wanting more... because we were starving.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I understand that this is a tapas bar... I entered the dark and bustling eatery with a couple of friends. Our initial impression was that we liked the decor and the mood (with exception of the rope light under the bar which is both the wrong colour and right at eye level when seated at a table...new colour and either recessed or a wood runner in front would improve that). We were impressed with the cool toilets and the friendly explanation about them from one of the chatty owners. The atmosphere was mature and buoyant. However when the huge dishes with tiny portions were served it cause one of my friends to remark "is this a piss take?". The massive bowls with the micro amounts of food seemed ridiculously proportioned on tiny tables. The lamb was the good surprise of the night, tasty and tender. The rocket salad could have been referred to as a garnish. The rest of the bites were underwhelming. If I were to visit again I would eat before hand and maybe just got for a drink. For a bill of over $150 I would not expect to have to endure a ride though a take out place after...

• Visited May 2013