“Stunning Chinese!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shanghai Moon Restaurant - CLOSED

Shanghai Moon Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
“Stunning Chinese!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

It's not often I would rave about the atmosphere of a Chinese Restaurant, but this place was an unexpected pleasure, with nice decorations and ambient lighting to complement the excellent food. Dare,I say, it was even romantic.
The food was a huge selection of typical Chinese fare, with a few odd unexpected dishes thrown in.
The Desert ( Chocolate Cheesecake ) was simply one of the best desserts I've eaten in a long time , which I shared with my wife.
Would love to visit again when I'm there!

• Visited December 2013
5 Thank Paul H

“An unexpected delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

A rather office-like front hides the delightful restaurant inside. Don't be put off by the autoplay dodgy music, the food is wonderful, tasty and fresh. Kids and adults alike were very pleased with all the selected dishes, particularly the broccoli with ginger and garlic. Service was not intrusive but helpful. Would highly recommend. Great to have a quality place to eat when in Albany.

4 Thank Simon W
Perth, Australia
“good chinese food, well cooked, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

had a lovely meal for 9 (5 kids)- food is wel cooked, flavoured, lots of fresh vegs with mains, even broccolli OK with kids!. Service good-prompt, helpful. Overall a very pleasant experience in pleasant ambience (apart from the musak!)

4 Thank David M
Perth, Australia
“So disappointed - and we didn't even get to try the food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Tried to call to order a takeaway on Tuesday night during peak tourist season - could only get their ans machine! Tried 3 times btwn 7 & 8.30 and even left a message for them to call me, but to no avail. Ans machine message said they would be closed till 2 January... As it's the 7th, I have no idea why they weren't answering.
Given that a main takeaway is between $18 & $25 dollars, maybe they are making too much money to need to work at a busy time of the year?
If they are closed Tuesdays, their ans machine message should at least reflect this!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LisaB B
51Francis, Owner at Shanghai Moon Restaurant, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
I'm so sorry your first time was a dissapointment! Our opening times have ALWAYS been Wednesday to Sunday, with Monday & Tuesdays as rest days(despite being tourist season, I beieve in fatigue management for ALL our staff). Our times are clearly marked on our website, and under normal circumstances they are also mentioned on our answering machine. Unfortunately when the message was re-done for the xmas/new year peroid this info was ommitted.
Once again I apologise for the confusion, but there is a link to our website on tripadvisor, and perhaps a little investigation on your part may have resolved your confusion. I sincerely hope that you are not put off from trying us at some future point.
I would also like to point out that our prices for take away range from $13 to $19.50, we have kept these prices the same since opening. As we use only FRESH, LOCAL Asian vegetables (no cabbage, cauluflower like the other Asian restaurants in town) I think our prices are great value for an AUTHENTIC Asian meal.
“Pleasant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My friends and I were in Albany over the weekend and were craving for some Asian/Chinese food. After driving around the city centre, we decided to dine here. Not only the food was great, the service was excellent. Will definitely be back!!!

• Visited December 2013