“good chinese food, well cooked, good service”
Review of Shanghai Moon Restaurant - CLOSED

Shanghai Moon Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“good chinese food, well cooked, good service”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

had a lovely meal for 9 (5 kids)- food is wel cooked, flavoured, lots of fresh vegs with mains, even broccolli OK with kids!. Service good-prompt, helpful. Overall a very pleasant experience in pleasant ambience (apart from the musak!)

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank David M

Perth, Australia
“So disappointed - and we didn't even get to try the food!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Tried to call to order a takeaway on Tuesday night during peak tourist season - could only get their ans machine! Tried 3 times btwn 7 & 8.30 and even left a message for them to call me, but to no avail. Ans machine message said they would be closed till 2 January... As it's the 7th, I have no idea why they weren't answering.
Given that a main takeaway is between $18 & $25 dollars, maybe they are making too much money to need to work at a busy time of the year?
If they are closed Tuesdays, their ans machine message should at least reflect this!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank LisaB B
51Francis, Owner at Shanghai Moon Restaurant, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
I'm so sorry your first time was a dissapointment! Our opening times have ALWAYS been Wednesday to Sunday, with Monday & Tuesdays as rest days(despite being tourist season, I beieve in fatigue management for ALL our staff). Our times are clearly marked on our website, and under normal circumstances they are also mentioned on our answering machine. Unfortunately when the message was re-done for the xmas/new year peroid this info was ommitted.
Once again I apologise for the confusion, but there is a link to our website on tripadvisor, and perhaps a little investigation on your part may have resolved your confusion. I sincerely hope that you are not put off from trying us at some future point.
I would also like to point out that our prices for take away range from $13 to $19.50, we have kept these prices the same since opening. As we use only FRESH, LOCAL Asian vegetables (no cabbage, cauluflower like the other Asian restaurants in town) I think our prices are great value for an AUTHENTIC Asian meal.
“Pleasant experience”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My friends and I were in Albany over the weekend and were craving for some Asian/Chinese food. After driving around the city centre, we decided to dine here. Not only the food was great, the service was excellent. Will definitely be back!!!

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Cassie2013581
“ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I work away as a fifo and when I come home to Perth I want to be able to treat my family to some of the worlds best asian foods and we have found it right here in Albany we have dined in this most fabulous restaurant many times as I travel to Albany often, the service is excellent as it always comes with a smile, the atmosphere is relaxing and enjoyable and the food is exquisite. ..thank you SHANGHAI MOON..see you all soon :)

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank hards67
Albany, Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We ordered take away, the menu states delivery is available at a cost which we were willing to pay, but no delivery tonight. Service was quick, meal was soggy and lacking that yummy taste.

• Visited November 2013