“ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I work away as a fifo and when I come home to Perth I want to be able to treat my family to some of the worlds best asian foods and we have found it right here in Albany we have dined in this most fabulous restaurant many times as I travel to Albany often, the service is excellent as it always comes with a smile, the atmosphere is relaxing and enjoyable and the food is exquisite. ..thank you SHANGHAI MOON..see you all soon :)

4  Thank hards67
There are newer reviews for Shanghai Moon Restaurant

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We ordered take away, the menu states delivery is available at a cost which we were willing to pay, but no delivery tonight. Service was quick, meal was soggy and lacking that yummy taste.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

awesome food, excellent service, can not be faulted, reasonably priced, great night out with friends

1  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went for dinner, ambience was wonderful. Nice interior design and good service. We had the Steamed dim Sum for two for entree, great.
We then had the seafood Clay Pot and Garlic & Mild Chillie King Prawn for mains. Recommended. For dessert we then had Deep Fried Icecream and Peach in Icecream with Ferreo Roche chocolate inside, Devine.
Overall, a lovely meal and worth the money spent

1  Thank Smute
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We went to this restaurant for the first time tonight. We had heard mixed responses but were keen to give it a go. The food was very good and everyone at the table enjoyed it. The service was literally non existent. We were seated by a friendly staff member and then left for over half an hour before our order was taken. We had to ask for water. It was well over an hour from when we arrived until entrees were served. After mains we waited for probably 45 mins before one of us got up and went to the bar to ask for coffee. (3 staff members were standing behind the bar - not busy). The order was taken but no dessert menu was ever offered. Tea came out very weak. Both the tea and coffee were served lukewarm. I think it is such a shame that this restaurant has the potential to be great. The decor is good, the food is delicious but the service was terrible. If this restaurant is going to succeed then more time had got to be spent on training staff as they are
loosing the business money.

51Francis, Manager at Shanghai Moon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear customer, so sorry that our service didn't meet your expectations - it didn't meet mind either!
A lot of time and effort has gone into training the staff to deliver good service unfortunately this time, knowledge of what to do obviously went out the window. I was not impressed at all when I read your review and promptly called a staff meeting to address the situation.
In all fairness though, I believe some of your table didn't arive on time and then 2 of your table guests popped out to the bottle shop and it wasn't until after their return was your order taken, hence the time delay in getting your first course. As for water, tea/coffee and sweets, that was totally the service attentdants fault.
I thank you for bringing this to my attention, though it would have been nice to be told on the night and not via trip advisor as other travelers may think that this is our normal standard of service, when in actual fact it is totally against all of my srevice requirements. All of our customers who dine with us are very important and I sincerely hope that you will dine with us again and not be turned away from the idea because of that one poor service.