“Highly recommended.”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went for dinner, ambience was wonderful. Nice interior design and good service. We had the Steamed dim Sum for two for entree, great.
We then had the seafood Clay Pot and Garlic & Mild Chillie King Prawn for mains. Recommended. For dessert we then had Deep Fried Icecream and Peach in Icecream with Ferreo Roche chocolate inside, Devine.
Overall, a lovely meal and worth the money spent

1  Thank Smute

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We went to this restaurant for the first time tonight. We had heard mixed responses but were keen to give it a go. The food was very good and everyone at the table enjoyed it. The service was literally non existent. We were seated by a friendly staff member and then left for over half an hour before our order was taken. We had to ask for water. It was well over an hour from when we arrived until entrees were served. After mains we waited for probably 45 mins before one of us got up and went to the bar to ask for coffee. (3 staff members were standing behind the bar - not busy). The order was taken but no dessert menu was ever offered. Tea came out very weak. Both the tea and coffee were served lukewarm. I think it is such a shame that this restaurant has the potential to be great. The decor is good, the food is delicious but the service was terrible. If this restaurant is going to succeed then more time had got to be spent on training staff as they are
loosing the business money.

51Francis, Manager at Shanghai Moon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear customer, so sorry that our service didn't meet your expectations - it didn't meet mind either!
A lot of time and effort has gone into training the staff to deliver good service unfortunately this time, knowledge of what to do obviously went out the window. I was not impressed at all when I read your review and promptly called a staff meeting to address the situation.
In all fairness though, I believe some of your table didn't arive on time and then 2 of your table guests popped out to the bottle shop and it wasn't until after their return was your order taken, hence the time delay in getting your first course. As for water, tea/coffee and sweets, that was totally the service attentdants fault.
I thank you for bringing this to my attention, though it would have been nice to be told on the night and not via trip advisor as other travelers may think that this is our normal standard of service, when in actual fact it is totally against all of my srevice requirements. All of our customers who dine with us are very important and I sincerely hope that you will dine with us again and not be turned away from the idea because of that one poor service.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We decided to celebrate a special night at this restaurant. Good choice .
good choice on the menu. and good seating., food arrived in excellent timing and with happy staff . It was a quiet night but the night was special. Thanks for a great night

3  Thank milander
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My family and I travelled from the east coast to visit relatives and were advised of this venue. It was a Friday night and we were accorded a friendly welcome at the door and shown to a table, given menus and asked if we required drinks while making our selections. The choices were varied, tempting to the taste buds and certainly justifed once delivered and devoured. During the meal we met the manager who inquired as to our satisfaction to the service. The staff were friendly, courteous and responsive to our requests. All in all, excellent ambiance, fantastic food and reasonably priced for a family with a medium budget. Highly recommended and will visit again before we head back east. Certainly the opposite to some of the other negative reviews. Well worth a visit to those who enjoy up market Asian quisine.

1  Thank Don W
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was really excited to visit this new restaurant with friends recently and unfortunately I was disappointed. We visited on a Friday night. The ambiance was fabulous - definitely an up market Asian restaurant. Before we could order we were told by the waitress that satay, spring rolls and a few basic dishes were not available as the order had not been delivered. This concerned me as I expect it all to be prepared in the premises. After making our decision the entree came out cold, and the order was wrong, which was an issue as one of our party is vegetarian and we had ordered accordingly. The main was excellent and there was enough. We ordered drinks and had or ask twice. The service did seem to be a little "all over the place".All in all it want bad, but I get frustrated when basic menu choices are not available. I will go back and give them another try though.

51Francis, Manager at Shanghai Moon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you for your review.
Unfortunately, I know nothing about us having "no satay, or spring rolls". Yes; we were waiting for stock from Perth, but we had PLENTY of satay sauce. Spring rolls are made on the premises (unlike all other Chinese restaurants in Albany) and at times we do run out, thus we have many flavors.... but on Friday night, we had plenty! We will be getting to the bottom of "WHY" you were told we had no satay or spring rolls, but I'm sorry we do NOT send out cold food when it should be hot! This I will argue till the cows come home!!

We will be talking (again)to our staff to ensure that this does not happen again. We have minimum standards that all abide by, I just can't see our staff "lying" about such trivial details.