“Disappointed, but great ambiance” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shanghai Moon Restaurant - CLOSED

Shanghai Moon Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Albany, Australia
“Disappointed, but great ambiance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was really excited to visit this new restaurant with friends recently and unfortunately I was disappointed. We visited on a Friday night. The ambiance was fabulous - definitely an up market Asian restaurant. Before we could order we were told by the waitress that satay, spring rolls and a few basic dishes were not available as the order had not been delivered. This concerned me as I expect it all to be prepared in the premises. After making our decision the entree came out cold, and the order was wrong, which was an issue as one of our party is vegetarian and we had ordered accordingly. The main was excellent and there was enough. We ordered drinks and had or ask twice. The service did seem to be a little "all over the place".All in all it want bad, but I get frustrated when basic menu choices are not available. I will go back and give them another try though.

Visited May 2013
51Francis, Manager at Shanghai Moon Restaurant, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for your review.
Unfortunately, I know nothing about us having "no satay, or spring rolls". Yes; we were waiting for stock from Perth, but we had PLENTY of satay sauce. Spring rolls are made on the premises (unlike all other Chinese restaurants in Albany) and at times we do run out, thus we have many flavors.... but on Friday night, we had plenty! We will be getting to the bottom of "WHY" you were told we had no satay or spring rolls, but I'm sorry we do NOT send out cold food when it should be hot! This I will argue till the cows come home!!

We will be talking (again)to our staff to ensure that this does not happen again. We have minimum standards that all abide by, I just can't see our staff "lying" about such trivial details.

“One of the best in Albany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We had a fabulous meal on a busy Saturday night. We had no booking but were seated and treated to excellent service. The food was delicious and the serve sizes were great value. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Rasptomo
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

From the moment i walked through the door i thought wow,our lovely waitress Neisha made us very welcome and comfortable.We waited very little and the food was absolute treat,very reasonably priced and the portions were very filling.I have nothing but nice things to say about our meal we had there.I cannot believe the review about waiting 2 hours for a meal as we had a table of 8 and we had our meal and a few drinks in this 2 hour period.I fully recommend eating in this fine restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
Albany, Western Australia, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great night out...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Rhiannons table side manner was lovely, as were the other girls... food was awesome... piano player added a nice touch... decore lovely... overall a great experience i'd love to have again n highly recommend...

1 Thank Reanna F
Albany WA
“Very Pleasurable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Second time I have been to this restaurant. The first with a group of girls, we had the round table. It was fun and the food was great, with a huge variety to please everyone. Not at all expensive. The second time with my husband. The ambiance is really nice and comfortable and the staff lovely. So much on the menu to choose from it was hard to make up our minds. We will definitely go back to Shanghai Moon.

1 Thank Bella2013