“So much to enjoy”

Albany Bird Park and Marron Farm
Ranked #28 of 82 things to do in Albany
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in a great location amongst some of Albany's best beaches, rivers and national parks. The Old Marron Farm offers fine south-west dining and activities for the whole family. Nippers Cafe gives you the opportunity to sample farm fresh marron, yabbys and trout, home-made cakes and great coffee. All food tastes catered for, kids partys, sundowners. Take a walk and say hello to, and feed our friendly animals, wander through the huge flight aviary and hand-feed native and exotic birds. Looking for some real excitment?? Take a Segway Adventure Tour. After some training, you can glide through our bush track, open fields and then down to the quarry to test out your new skills. Take a 1 hour ride and each rider receives free animal park entry, and 15% off their total meal cost at Nippers Cafe. 1/2 hour fun tours also available.
Western Australia, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much to enjoy”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our family of 3 came here. We thoroughly enjoyed each moment here. We fed a few of the small animals. We discovered the birds love carrot and they will land on you to get food. I made friends with a Cockatiel that only would land on me. That was before we'd even had a chance to see the Donkey, a very affectionate Alpaca and 3 gorgeous miniature horses. We also enjoyed some lovely morning tea. Try the beetroot chocolate cake it's scrumptious.

Visited January 2014

“Fantastic day out for the family! Well worth the money!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I visited there on my last holiday to oz , I'm defiantly gonna visit again on my next set of travels! Great day out and amazon cake! All the staff are extremely friendly, great wildlife, compliments from the uk!

Visited January 2013
Perth, Australia
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Set aside a few hours.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Karl and Sharon were super friendly. This was our first trip to Albany and I decided to surprise my husband with a Segway tour. We paid $68 each for a one hour Segway ride, entry into the animal park and 15% off at the cafe. The segway ride was awesome -we couldn't get enough! We rode off road in bush tracks, across small dams, over hillside on gravel, through puddles. Karl provides tuition beforehand and his instructions are clear. The units are easy to mount, manoeuvre and stop. There is a 30min Segway option but it will have you wanting more so go ahead and book 1 hour. Besides in the half hour tour there isn't time to go to the "pit" and that's where there is challenge and fun.

The animal park is lovely. Karl gave us some tubs of cut of food and we hand fed the birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, ducks, chickens and horse. There are also dingoes, pig, donkeys, cockatoos, Marron, koi and an alpaca. We probably spent a good hour with the animals.

There's something for young and old. Go early. Plenty of parking. Accessible.

Visited September 2013
albanymarronfarm, Owner at Albany Bird Park and Marron Farm, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write our review, we are glad that you enjoyed your segway tour and park visit and hope to see you again...kind regards Karl
Albany, Western Australia, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“aA GREAT PLACE TO SEE AND ENJOY”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have just had a truly wonderful meal at the Albany Bird Park, with a lovely atmosphere, thanks to Karl and Sharon, but the biggest thrill of all, was to given a chance to ride on a SEGWAY.
Thanks to the tutoring that Karl gives before hand, I was soon able to master the handling of such a mighty machine. I can honestly say that I have never experienced anything like that before, and I recommend these machines to any one who wants to try something different and exciting.

Visited September 2013
Perth, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A wonderful family outing”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is now known as The Old Marron Farm and was worth the $29 entry fee for our family of 2 adults and 2 children (same price if you have 3 children). It was one of those miserable wet days in Albany and we really needed something to do to pass the day...well, we were lucky enough to enjoy 3 hours here! From the moment we arrived, the staff were friendly and efficient. We paid our entry fee and were handed a bowl each of cut up fruit and veges to feed the animals and birds with. The kids had to be prised from the rabbit and guinea pig enclosure where they had each named their favourite bunny and were determined to smuggle them out under winter jackets! The parrots were quite happy to land on our shoulders and feed from our hands and the farm animals were friendly and easy to pat and feed. Whilst we were there, a child's party was in full swing and they were having a ball.
We then decided to stay for lunch and I have to say, this was a standout surprise for me. As a bit of a foodie, I found the service to be outstanding and the food was delicious - home made sweet potato, cauliflower and cashew soup and the biggest farmhouse platter laden with cooked marron, yabbies, fresh salad, fruit, anchovies, feta and a whole smoked trout. 4 adults shared this comfortably even though it's designed for 2! The kids enjoyed the soup, a yabby and avocado pizza and homemade sausage rolls with chips. We had to then follow up with homemade cakes and really, really good coffee. All in all, a fabulous day - highly recommended.

Visited April 2013