“A great birthday present!”

Albany Ocean Adventures
Ranked #3 of 18 Tours in Albany
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Best whale watching in Albany. With the largest and fastest charter vessel operating in the area we can get you to the whales with speed and comfort so you spend more time with the whales not traveling. Sit back in our spacious cabins club lounges, with your friends and family, enjoy quality refreshments. Get those memories that will last a life time. Your enjoyment is paramount to me. Hope to see you soon Paul Guest Master of the vessel "Silver Star II"
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I booked this cruise for my wife's birthday as she'd always wanted to see whales up close. It was indeed the highlight of her day, leading to not a few tears of joy and appreciation. We saw two Humpback cows with calves and also a pod of about 5 Humpbacks. Majestic, beautiful creatures whose sheer size can only make you feel humble and in awe of nature's grandeur and diversity.

Host, Paul Guest, was friendly and approachable, all the while focused on the task of whale spotting and following, along with passenger safety. Nice boat, nice service, great day; thanks Paul and crew.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My sister Margareth "forced" me to go when she booked the excursion. I don't like animals, but as I love the sea decided to come along anyway. I'm glad I did.

It was a perfect July morning with clear skies and light winds. The light was made for photography.

As we headed into King George Sound the waves grew bigger, but the large sturdy vessel was very comfortable. En route Captain Paul commented on local onshore historical artifacts, many of which I was ignorant despite having visited Albany many times.

The wildlife was spectacular. We saw dolphins, whales breaching, and New Zealand seals basking on the rock. Captain Paul's running commentary on the lives of the creatures showed the depth of his knowledge and his passion he has for these creatures.

As we entered the Southern Ocean the sea was a bit rough, but the spacious cabin equipped with tables and benches proved a dry refuge. And the coffee and fresh muffins served precisely hit the spot.

Despite my initial reluctance I thoroughly enjoyed the adventure and will go again when next I visit Albany. We have nothing like this in Mongolia!

1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Paul was absolutely amazing. We went on board with 4 small children and nan in wheelchair and the service and facilites well suited for everyone. Paul managed to find southern right whales and countless humpbacks displaying flipper waving, tail slapping, and lots of blowing and spotting of large fins. He also took us to a New Zealand seal colony. Cannot recommend Paul and his boat enough. Thank you for a really memorable trip.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My elderly dad wanted to go on a whale watching tour and this boat was perfect for him. He can be unsteady on his feet but the sure surface of the boat, comfortable seats and easy access added to a great day. ( it has wheelchair access too) a hot cuppa, friendly service, interesting commentary and we saw heaps of whales. The scenery is spectacular. I am a local and really encourage other locals to go and enjoy! Thanks

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Such a good day on the Wednesday I couldn't wait to go back the next day. So lucky I did. Then weather was even better and the whales were everywhere. Really special experience. Thinking of going for a third time. Fingers crossed the weather is good. Definately recommend for young and old. Great experience. Thanks to Paul & Eve........