“bang for buc”
Review of HMAS Perth

HMAS Perth
Ranked #52 of 82 things to do in Albany
More attraction details
Owner description: This famous historic ship is now under water as an artificial reef, providing divers with an exciting diving opportunity and history lesson.
Reviewed March 18, 2014

What an awesome dive! Having done this dive on numerous occasions since ship was sunk i still love it,BUT the price and the attitude of the persons at the dive shop spoilt what could have been a great weekend for me and a couple of mates from Perth.Albany has so many fantastic dive sites and what it needs is competition in the dive industry.I don't quite understand the attitude of some people in the dive industry why they cant at least be polite is beyond me. The boat was average to say the least, our own gear( not cheap )was treated like hire gear by DM one broken reg.For the money we payed a bit more than a cupasoup for breaky would be good maybe some tank stands also. Next time il tow my own boat down there take three mates and it would be cheaper.So as a traveller i would consider heading to SA and diving the HMAS hobart her sister ship or the HMAS Brisbane.One positive was the skipper Carl i think, was great knew his stuff.

There are newer reviews for HMAS Perth

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I did two dives on the same day in the wreck and was absolutely amazing. The boat is very well preserved and you can access much part of it, even the bridge's captain where you can sit in his former chair.
You see also a lot of marine wildlife in the boat, coral, fishes... even a wobbegong shark hidden in a cabin in our second dive. Sometimes you can watch sea lions swimming over there but, unfortunatelly, we didn't see any of them.
Highly recommended dive!

1  Thank Xaviur
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The ship is on the bottom of the ocean just out from the war memorial (photo shown) abd makes magnificent views. I am told diving on the wreck is quite an experience.

A TripAdvisor Member
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed May 31, 2003

Well what can one say. I have dive throughout the Asia Pacific region dining the ww1 & ww2 wrecks and this has to have been my best ever wreck dive. We dived with Albany Scuba Diving Academy who were the driving force behind the sinking of the Perth and I must say that they are a truly professional operator. The weather on the day we dived was a litrtle average, but they assured us that they condition on the wreck would be great. (they even offered money back guarantee) They were right, the 4 dives we did over a 2 day period were out of this world. The wreck has only been down a short time but the marine life that has enchusted the ship is amazing. To be able to penetrate such a huge wreck in complete safety was amazing and the whole time the staff ensured that you got maximum benifit for you dive time by showing the divers the most interesting parts of the wreck. This is a must do dive and our group is planning several more trips to Albany to explore this worndeful wreck som more.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member