“Ok”

Cuisines: Asian, Italian, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Everything was ok but that was it really. Ok food ok service ok prices just ok. Was better last year. Good beer but there are so many better options.

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here with a group of friends. The service although friendly was poor. The wait staff didn't look like they wanted to be there. In all fairness to the chefs the food came out quickly and was nice but nothing to rave about. The atmosphere, well there wasn't any! Would I go back? Probably not!

1  Thank DAAM1
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Meals are excellent, although I find some of the items on menu a bit overpriced. Having said that some of the dishes are very large. Think that the beer and wine prices are over the top also. Another bug bear is allowing smokers to smoke in outdoor eating area. I thought this was now a No no

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Went here on new years day for a couple of drinks & a quiet meal.

The entree's in both cases we very nice & well valued. I ordered the cajun squid, my wife ordered the potato skins ( these were a huge portion )

For the mains, I had the fish & chips. This was a very nice meal, not too big, but very nice flavour. My wife ordered the sirloin steak. This was to be cooked medium, but the is where White Star fall over in the cooking process. One side was cooked well done, the other rare. Some would say this equals medium, but when one side of the steak is devoid of any colour, & the other is bleeding, this equates to a non happy wife.

However my biggest gripe for the White star hotel, is in the pricing of the drinks. I ordered a Coke Zero, the barmaid came back to the bar with a can of Coke Zero asking if I wanted it in a glass. I said that the can was fine. It must be a special vintage as it was $4.60 for the can ( New Years Day, so with the 15% surcharge, normally $4.00 ) The problem I have with this is, I buy these any given day in Coles or Wollies for around 65 cents a can, so this is a hell of a mark up. So much for looking after a sober driver!!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Took our family and friends for a casual lunch...all dishes were excellent value and we thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and the great service.