“Stodgy food”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong with the food here, but now it realise it was warmed up, pre-heated. I also had breakfast here as I was staying here, but after the first couple of days I went to the local cafe for brekky, much to the disapproval of the owners. There is far better food to be had at the cafes a short walk away - but try not to let the owners see you going there.

There are newer reviews for Albany Discovery Inn

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Came across this little 'gem' when we were looking for lunch at 2.30pm (when everywhere we went had stopped serving). This place was more than happy to cater for us and provided a great meal in comfortable surroundings. Very friendly service.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

My friend and I enjoyed a couple of dinners & lunches while staying here. The food was Fresh, tasty and very nice. The courtyard was nice and casual and the surroundings restful - just what we were after. The staff were very friendly and we did not have to wait long. Good wholesome food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

In no particular order:

1) The food was quite shocking and clearly premade elsewhere and warmed up.
2) The whole restaurant was unairconditioned.
3) An large elderly dog made numerous appearances in the dining area, and had to be shooed out (but not before giving the waiter's hands a good lick).
4) 2% charge for credit cards, totally unadvertised.
5) The tables were sticky
6) Service was very average

1  Thank emcgr
Reviewed December 13, 2011

What a joy this was, a group of woman went for our Christmas lunch, and the food was excellent and the little extras were wonderful. The food was beautifully cooked and presented well, extremely Christmasy, the sweets Xmas pudding, mince pie with cream and custard AND mint chocolates, coffee or tea to finish off. The little extras Huge Bon,bons filled with christmas hats whistles etc. The decorations on the table fantastic. You can go here for brunch, lunch or dinner. You are well looked after. This is also a B and B and available for back packers. Very clean, friendly and so near the beach. Would recommend this to anyone for meals and holidays. We will be going again Thats for sure! Might even take my husband