“Impressive Indian!”

Curry Leaf
Ranked #4 of 130 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It is a new Indian restaurant in Albany, which serves traditional food with a twist in flavor.
Dalby, Australia
“Impressive Indian!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Not usually a huge fan of Indian but being in Albany for business and due to the location of the restaurant and the reviews on Trip Advisor I thought I'd give it a try. The food was Excellent, all of the staff seemed more than obliging. I did have a young waiter, who I am fairly certain was very new and didn't know alot about the menu or Indian food in general so I went with the Beef Korma for familiarity. The menu was extensive but very well layed out and every dish I recieved far exceeded my expectations.

I was very impressed to see the chef/owner (assuming) going around to a number of tables throughout the hour I was dining and asking them how their meals were and if they were being looked after by his staff? He was very softly spoken and I was greatly impressed with his polite nature when doing his rounds.

This restaurant is a 9/10 for me. The only downfall to the whole experience is probably the atmosphere. It is quiet and comfy, but I would say a little dated and possibly does not quite do justice to the quality of the food or the service. Overall probably my best Indian experience!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank queenslandcam
VenkateshRanganathan, Owner at Curry Leaf, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Hi,
Thank you for your excellent review. I tend to do my rounds whenever I am not tied to my pans in the kitchen, just to make sure everybody is having an enjoyable experience. As our menu the review is very detailed and a very special thanks for taking that extra bit of time to let us know what could've been better, new staff training policies have been implemented.
On a light note = "staff didn't agree that the Chef is a soft spoken person, because they are the ones who have to deal with him inside the kitchen".
Venkatesh Ranganathan(Chef)

“Top of the class and top of it's class”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This restaurant has excelled. The food is up there in the best for an Indian restaurant. The service is fantastic from the chef and his lovely wife to the waitresses: they are there to make your evening the best experience: caring, friedly, responsive and professional. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this Indian restaurant as the best in town and to not try it is miss out on the best. Thank you all at curry leaf

1 Thank Mim2012
Hi,
Thank you very much for your excellent review for the recommendation. We are very satisfied to see detailed reviews written.
Venkatesh Ranganathan
Albany, Australia
“Satisfaction”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Want somewhere cheap with excellent food, awesome atmosphere, lovely staff and a very sociable and interested chef for your evening meal? Then this is it!! Nothing is ever too much trouble for any of them - even when they are busy.

1 Thank Lynne M
VenkateshRanganathan, Owner at Curry Leaf, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Hi,
Thanks for your excellent review and for the time taken to write the review. Good value for money, awesome atmosphere, good service and food would do wonders. We are happy to hear that you had a good time and looking forward to see you again in near future.

Venkatesh Ranganathan.
“The nicest Indian food ever :)”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Came in on thursday night and the food was to die for. Also ur young girl waitress is a really nice, polite and excellent work. Her name is Sarah. Very nice and u should be proud of ur self and ur staff :)

Hi Jason,
Thank you so much for an excellent review, Yes we are very proud about the food and service in our restaurant thanks again for emphasising that.

Venkatesh Ranganathan
Perth, Australia
“Something for the vegetarians”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

In late 2011, we were in Albany for a project and found it very difficult to get vegetarian food in the evenings. With no cooking facilities in our motel room, we got pretty sick of the godawful takeaway available on the main street every night. On our last night we found The Curry Leaf thanks to TripAdvisor and had a delightful meal. Even as vegetarians, there were many choices available. The food was inexpensive and delicious - as good as any Indian food we've had anywhere in Australia. We're heading back to Albany again for projects a few times this year and I think we'll be eating here most nights we're there :)

• Visited October 2011
VenkateshRanganathan, Owner at Curry Leaf, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Hi,

Thank you very much for the excellent review, It is very good to see reviews like these and with photos too. Looking forward to serving you again.

Venaktesh Ranganathan