“Brioche treat”

Jades Cafe
Ranked #58 of 134 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the "NEW" Jades @ 14 Peels Place. My name is Jade and I am the new owner of 14 Peels Place. I am a chef by trade and over many years have worked for top class restaurants, cafes and lunchbars. Combining all this knowledge and experience I am now fulfilling my dream of owning my own cafe. I welcome you to Jades@14 Peels Place to try my cuisine. My menu will be updated to please the customers, with a class cafe menu, including gluten free dishes. Sit down in the comfy cafe (open fire when cold), the alfreso ( buckets of water for your pooches) and throw rugs for you. If you are in a hurry grab a coffee and takeaway snack. We have water views over the harbour from the cafe which makes for a tranquil place to eat, relax and take your mind off the every day stresses. Newspapers are supplied for you to keep up with the daily news. We haven't forgotten the children - they can have their own desk and chair to do their colouring in, their own babycinno, child size meals giving mum and dad a break to enjoy their coffee and food. If you have a group of up to 8 people for a meeting, seminar, a family gathering, group gathering etc the ideal room is available for such an occassion. Telephone 98474224 to make a booking. If you would like catering for corporate functions, parties, weddings etc . My valued staff and I look forward to seeing you at Jades @ 14 Peels Place.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I try hard to resist the fresh scones but today I didn't hesitate to try the little brioches, still warm from the oven and light as can be! Well done Vicki. Bring them on more often. The homemade fig jam was pretty fabulous too.
PS It was sad to see that "Scrumptious3" didn't have such a positive experience - all the best cafes have the occasional bad day - don't give up on them!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I'm surprised to hear that 'Scrumptious3' had a bad experience at 14 Peels Place. I'm a regular - and very satisfied - customer. I find the food is reliably good, the coffee excellent, the atmosphere congenial and the staff friendly and efficient. Brioche was today's treat - delicious! I'd urge Scrumptious3 to take up the offer of a return visit - I don't think you'd be disappointed!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Peels Place is where my friends and I meet on a regular basis.Food is ALWAYS inspiring,and coffee always great.Atmosphere is pleasant and quirky,where you always feel relaxed.Karen and her team are always great.To the person who had the bad experience,why didn't you say something on the day.Better to let them know than walk away and write it on a website.I'm sure it was a one of..............Keep up the good work Karen you are all awesome!!!!!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went here on Sunday with a friend to have breakfast. I have came here before for a coffee was really good but on this occasion I left disappointed. I went to the counter to Oder my food an waited a bit and when I did get sever the lady was trying to hurry me up, I got a flat white and it was cold and bitter unlike last time, I also got the Benedict instead of spinach there was hot lettuce which I wasn't told about an to top thing off my egg were hard. Didn't enjoy myself won't be back in a hurry!!!

Karin M, Owner at Jades Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

To say I am horrified is an understatement. Please could I refund your money or offer you another meal in this one's place? We had new staff on and they obviously are not up to speed yet. I promise this will not happen again. Thank you so much for telling me about this.
Karin & Jeanne

Reviewed February 4, 2013

They've got some seriously amazing thick rich and FLAVOURSOME milkshakes (6 different flavours) and their Ice coffee isn't the usual watered down icecube + coffee, BUT a good strengthed coffee with ice cream and whipped cream AND a cherry on the top. For just $6.50!

I always get over excited talking about their shakes and stuff, and the place itself is so cool! The owner Karin is friendly and accommodating, and she literally knits all the handmade knitted bags/scarfs/pot covers etc! The place is definitely the chillest place to hang out in Albany! Love their deck chairs at the front of the shop too! Could cosy up there for hours!

1  Thank perthpanda