“Morrison Cottage, Albany”

Ranked #5 of 38 Specialty Lodging in Albany
Fremantle, Australia
“Morrison Cottage, Albany”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Morrison Cottage was just right for a 'cool' family Christmas break from Perth. Sort of home away from home (without a dishwasher). Gorgeous little garden, very well maintained. Hours spent reading and socialising on the balcony - walking distance to town, driving distance to many other attractions including Middleton Beach, Emu Point, Bibbulmun Track. Yes.

1 Thank Susan2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This boutique hotel is located a short walk from the main drag in Albany, WA. We (my parents and I) had a very good stay, with no major complaints. It was quiet (even on New Years Eve) and well appointed with kitchenette. We stayed in one really lovely room, but had to move to a second room as the first was booked after our first night. The second room was a little more pokey, but cheaper, and quite hot (it was December). We only had a fan in the second room, which simply circulated hot air around. Overall, I would recommend this place.

Rockingham, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Went to Albany for a break after the Christmas rush. Stayed in a two bedroom apartment at the back of the property. It was very well setout with two seperate bathrooms and bedrooms. the kitchen and living area being in the middle and a small deck outside.
It was very clean well furnished.
It was within walking distance to the town centre. Very relaxing and well worth a visit. again I will visit

1 Thank Fred L
Sydney
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a quaint little place. Very convenient to walk to the main street and shops and there is parking on the premises in front of the building, but if four large cars were parked at the front I think it would be very difficult to exit! Our room was at the front of the building - not a lot of privacy if you chose to leave the main entry sliding door open. Our room included a very squeaky and noisy old bed, and small dining table with chairs, and kitchen, all in the one area. Quite a cramped area by the time suitcases are included. The separate bathroom was located via a separate door and storage cupboard area ...yes, very quaint. The TV was tiny. There is wifi available with a password code given by the receptionist.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MyPlaceColonial, Owner at My Place Colonial Accommodation, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review as feedback is always welcome. I have endeavoured to fix the squeak in the bed by tightening up the nuts which had worked a bit loose. It is very frustrating as it was an extremely expensive reproduction bedframe made to look antique, I am glad that most of our beds are ensembles. The privacy issue with this studio is something that we have tried to address by installing the lace privacy curtain, but I do agree that it isn't as private as our other apartments. As it is a small unit we opted for a smaller flat screen television, but again I agree with you that we could have definately selected a bigger
model.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Went to Albany for work. Shared a two bedroom apartment at the back of this property, which was extremely well resourced. Kitchen, cooking utensils, cultlery, crockery.

Decorations kept in Colonial style, which is not really my taste, but it was very functional for my visit. I could also see it as a good family holiday base.

Located on Grey St east, very close to main street and restaurants.

Another colleague stayed in a smaller room, also very good, and it was available even for early check in.

Room Tip: The two bedroom apartment at the back has a great terrace overlooking lawned bbq area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, feed back is always welcome.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at Morrison Cottage again this year and loved it. We have stayed there for the last four years. It's really welcoming with a 'holiday house' feel. Everything is clean and tidy and the property is convenient to town and Albany's many attractions.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MyPlaceColonial, Manager at My Place Colonial Accommodation, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
It is always lovely to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay at Morrison Cottage, as it certainly a unique property.
Perth
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I wanted to catch up with friends near Albany. We selected My Place with some apprehension, but it turned out to be ideal. Situated within walking distance of the centre of Albany enabled us to enjoy this historic town without any traffic hastles. Even the studio we stayed in had a dedicated parking spot. The studio itself had everything we needed and more, right down to milk and biscuits for a coffee and tea after the travelling. The host was very welcoming and the studio was presented in very clean condition. A small amount of noise from a neighbouring room was the only detraction.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is always wonderful to hear that guests have enjoyed their stay.