“Beautiful, spacious light filled in perfect central location”

My Place Colonial Accommodation
Ranked #5 of 38 Specialty Lodging in Albany
Perth, Australia
“Beautiful, spacious light filled in perfect central location”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights during the school holidays. I was impressed as soon as we walked in the door by the size of the apartment and the stunning view across the harbor. There is space for 5 to sleep comfortably, spacious lounge and dining and fully equipped kitchen. We were 1 block from the main shopping area and walking distance to all central tourist sites. I would recommend to anyone especially family groups

• Stayed October 2012
MyPlaceColonial, Owner at My Place Colonial Accommodation, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I am really pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Albany, the weather was certainly on its best behaviour. Thank you for your kind comments, our harbour view apartment is great for family visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Clean and tidy, but not overly comfortable. Very small kitchen, small couch, etc. We arrived at noon to find the reeption closed and nobody answering the mobile phone. Turns out the reception is closed between 12 and 2 - but there was no sign saying so.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MyPlaceColonial, Owner at My Place Colonial Accommodation, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our accommodation. I will adjust the office signage so that it clearly states our opening hours. Being a small accommodation provider it is often necessary for us to have reception unattended for certain times of the day, I do realise that this can cause inconvenience and do apologise.
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I travel to Albany every 5 weeks and stay at my place , I arrive late and collette always leaves a light on for me being a woman traveling on her own. I feel really comfy at my place , it's exceptionally clean and has a warm friendly feel. See you in September Collette :)

From Donna ( skin resus )

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. We do enjoy catering for our corporate guests!
Donald, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed two nights, very neet and tidy, close to town liked the colonial style

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
MyPlaceColonial, Owner at My Place Colonial Accommodation, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Hi Peter,
Thank you for your kind review. We are definately in a great central location!
Colette
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I arrive late, around 6.30pm, and I had not been able to inform them about it. But they had made arrangenent for me to access the unit. Very pleased with that.
Everything was good except I couldn't get a baby bath for my girl and yes, the wi-fi needs to be worked on.

• Stayed July 2012
Hi Alvin,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your feedback is appreciated. I am currently looking into options to improve our free wireless internet access for the Harbour View Apartment.
Kind regards
Colette
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in a 2 storey 2-bedroom apartment. As the name suggests, a colonial style furnished apartment from the not-in-use fire place to the curtains. Children love to climb up and down the staircase and the owner is very thoughtful to install a swing gate at the top of the stairs for safety reason. Car can be parked just right beside our door but parking can be quite tight with small car park. Not a big problem, just need to be slow and careful. Though on site laundry is provided but would be better if laundry is availble in the room. Kitchen, rooms and lounge are spacious but the shower area is quite small. Great location as it is near the habour, restaurants and shops. Though free wifi is provided, signal is too weak to be picked up, tried with all our wifi equipments but to no avail. Owner is warm and friendly who took time to tell us places to visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AlvinNew
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Accommodation was good, and little touches like milk in the fridge very welcome. Very clean, well equipped kitchenette. Laundry on site.
Free wifi was a bonus we didn't expect. The location is perfect - you can walk into the town easily and get further afield easily.
I was really happy with our choice - booking from the UK you go on what is on the web site, and we were not disappointed.

Room Tip: studio room good for a one or two day stay