“Great soup. Passable fish & chips. Lovely setting.”
Review of Emu Point Cafe

Emu Point Cafe
Ranked #3 of 131 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Durham, North Carolina
“Great soup. Passable fish & chips. Lovely setting.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Emu Café came highly recommended for its setting, and it did not disappoint. One could barely get a table on a Tuesday at noon in the winter because the place was packed with ladies lunching and senior groups having a great time catching up. The bright and sunny setting includes inside and outside tables. My zucchini & bacon soup was terrific. The local fish and chips came coated with an unidentifiable herbed crust that took away from the flavor of the fish. The grounds are delightful for a post-prandial stroll.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank knittergram

katanning
“great”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

great place for coffee or lunch on the best beach in albany. lovely staff & good menu choices. would definatley recommend to locals and tourists.

• Visited May 2013
Mandurah, Australia
“Public Holiday Surcharge for buying an icecream from kiosk”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have a holiday house at Emu Point and each time we come and stay we have breakfast here or get take away from the kiosk with little to compain about. We, however, went down this long weekend to find that the kiosk area was not open from the outside but that you could walk through to it from the cafe. All we wanted was to buy an icecream from the freezer at the kiosk for our little boy. I asked the staff member if I was able to just walk through and grab an icecream and she told me it was no worries and to pay for it at the cafe counter. When I reached the counter (in a long line of people) I was told that as it was a public holiday I had to have the surcharge added to the cost of the icecream! I understand surcharges and that its mainly to cover the cost of staff on a public holiday, it is a service type charge. We did not eat, order, be waited on by anyone in the cafe. I had to get the icecream myself, it was not prepared by anyone and there was no other option but to pay in the cafe as the kiosk was shut. It is also worth mentioning that the kiosk was shut the entire weekend while Emu Point was packed. To me it seems like they are trying to rip people off that just want an icecream or a bottle of coke by making them pay in the cafe and charging a surcharge. For a family friendlt place I think this is ludicrous, a complete rip off, greedy and disrespectful to the public. I put the icecream back and told our little boy we would get one from the Rose Garden Caravan Park deli down the road, who I was sure would not charge me a public holiday surcharge on an icecream. You've lost our regular business.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank ElyseCas
Emupointmanagement, Manager at Emu Point Cafe, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hi Elyse, Thanks for your feedback. We are a family oriented and family run business, it is our choice to open for the local communtiy and with a surcharge in place to try and cover our labour costs for the day. The other choice is we close and have a holiday ourselves. Sorry you have the impression that we are greedy but the only reason the kiosk was closed for the weekend is we didnt have enough staff. We take all feedback on board and we thankyou for taking time out of your day to write to us.
Perth, Australia
“YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I took my grandma to Emu Point Cafe this morning as I saw all the wonderful reviews on here about it. Well I must say we were not disappointed, we were welcomed by friendly staff and sat near the window and looked out on the beautiful water. I had the yoghurt parfait, which was Amazing! My grandma had "the hangover" which was all cooked beautifully.. We are going back tomorrow morning as it was so nice.... :-) would recommend to anyone who comes to albany. The oly hing I would moan about was the flies....

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rebecca H
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Breakfast”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

i come down here with my sister frequently. iv never had such a delicious breakfast anywhere. the coffee is great. the freshfruit juices are great. atmosphere and the surrounding of the beach,beautiful. theres always one girl who seems to always serve us and shes just so lovely. great service thankyou for the enjoyment :)

• Visited April 2013