“Interesting.....”

Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Albany
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Vancouver Street Cafe, is a quaint corner store serving good food and coffee in a relaxed atmosphere. In house baking and seasonal produce
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I recently visited Vancouver for a Saturday morning breakfast.

Appearance from the outside is certainly more than interesting! I wouldn't expect it be a cafe yet anything more than a mere house.

Upon entering the building through the fly wire door (it felt like you were entering some ones house!) I was instantly hit with the delicious smell of bacon and all of the breakfast delights. First appearances left me pondering. I could imagine the business being owned by an extreme artist possibly a hippy.

The menu seemed fair and most of the meals actually sounded delicious! The waitstaff were more than happy to alter our orders from the menu.

The coffee was slow to arrive to the table only arriving a few minutes before the meal, the coffee could have been alot hotter (but I still went back for a second it was that tasty)!

The meal (Bacon & Tomato on toast) was surprisingly delicious! The bread fresh and almost tasted home made, the bacon crisp and lots of it the tomato was grilled perfectly.... I would have loved more toast!

The mug in the middle of the table overflowing with Lavender, Herbs, Spinach and all other imaginables PISSED ME OFF! It was to big for the table, it constantly tried to attack my coffee and breakfast!

Over all food was good, once I got past the "hippiness" of the deocr (odd chairs and tables) I settled in quiet nicely.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Dropped in mid week before 9am for 4 take away coffees and despite using the local Naked Bean coffee which is excellent, the coffees were only average. Further, the lady making the coffee was more interested in the quickest way to deliver the coffees and not the separate requests we had made for the coffees ie regular, skinny and soy milk. Naked Bean is the best place for a coffee in Albany.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Whilst in Albany, we went to the vancouver cafe on a Thursday night, as they have a pizza menu on that night. There was live music, which was very nice, as it was never obtrusive. We ordered the pizza bianca with mushrooms and pepperoni. It is served with a home made pizza base, and a selection of delightful toppings and dips to make up your own gourmet pizza. We cannot vouch for breakfast or lunch choices, but the Thursday night was fantastic, and we will be returning on our next visit to Albany. The staff were very helpful, and attentive.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The Vancouver as its known to the locals is a great spot for lunch or coffee and cake. It has a great charm about it and is very relaxed. Had some great lunches here, coffee is sometimes not the best but overall a great cafe.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

On our long weekend to Albany we made the fortunate decision to eat here the first morning and I'm so glad we didn't come on the last morning because we would have been missing out big time on the chance to visit again and again!
Great coffee, great food and great service.