“Great Food”

Ranked #24 of 134 Restaurants in Albany
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Ambience and service were good. If you are not a big eater, just order to share but ask first about the portions.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was on business in Albany for a day and stayed overnight at the Dog Rock Motel which was suggested to me by a friend who works for the Southwest Tourism board (mor on that later).
He also suggest we try the restaurant attached to the motel, I was reticent as normally motel restaurants are not of high standard, but in this case it was the total opposite.
It is tucked away at the rear of the motel main building, but as soon as you walk in it has a comfort and feel about it of country but classy.
The staffe are friendly and well trained, albeit a little stiff and need to relax a bit.
The menu is outstanding, the specials also and the wine list as good as any restaurant I have been too of late.
All night we were well look after, the food was exceptional, the wine also.
There was no rush between courses and all in all I could have stayed there longer, but bed beckoned.
If you get a chance and they have the Venison Ragout, please try, it is outstanding.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We've been here a lot - we reckon it's the best place in town. A recent visit confirmed this view. The menu is interesting, the changing trio plates keep it fresh (seafood trio entree and the vegetarian main trio).

Prices are not more expensive than other, more average, places in town.

The desserts are probably the weak point, the taste plate is usually the best option.

Service is great, attentive and knowledgable.

We don't leave this place to only celebratory dinners, but frequent it much more often.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My boyfriend and I dined here while on vacation to Albany and the whole experience was magical. From the moment we walked through the doors we were greeted with a lovely smile and seated down at our table. The Indian waiter who served us was excellent and incredibly friendly, it was a delightful service. We didn't have to wait long for our food to come out and all three courses that were served could not be faulted. I definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Albany!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

My partner and I have eaten here a few times, most recently this past weekend. We arrived early in order to have a drink at the front bar area. We sat on the couches enjoying the warmth from the fire while relaxing with a drink.
The service once seated at our table was very good - While our waitress had to read the specials from a card, she was very attentive and made for a smooth night.
We shared the 3 seafood plate for entree and it was delicious! Plate looked simple but elegant and the flavours were beautiful and fresh. For main my partner had the pork 3 ways which she said was very nice and I had the mixed grill plate. This was a more upmarket style of mixed grill with such things and Alpaca sausage. The flavours and presentation were nice but I must say it didn't blow me away. Dessert was a winner - I had the carnival plate which was a big serving for a dessert and certainly did look like a bit of a carnival! Every component on that plate was amazing and was a thoroughly enjoyable end to my meal. My partner had the passionfruit pudding and again, was very nice.
Overall a very enjoyable meal and will definitely eat here again for a special occasion.