“Holiday”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2016 via mobile

They have a Dinner special of 2 courses for $16-95. We availed ourselves and we're not disappointed. We both had the same main course of battered fish which was so lightly done with a crisp batter. The chips were chunky, hot & very tasty. The tartare sauce was full of flavour. A delicious salad was included. Our dessert was sticky date pudding with a strawberry & cream. It was delicious with just the right amount of sauce so you didn't run out prior to finishing. A very delightful experience.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

My husband had been here previously with work colleagues and had delicious meals, and we had also attended to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Booked here for the Saturday night for a special Father's Day dinner for my husband and I and two adult children. When booking I was advised that we had to attend prior to 8pm, so I made our booking for 6.30-7pm. I presumed the restaurant would be busy. Usually on arrival guests are seated in the bar/ lounge area and drinks served, however we were led straight to our table. Service provided has also declined, it's the little things that make a difference. When being seated our serviettes weren't even placed on our laps, I found this strange for a supposed upmarket restaurant. Entrees were delicious, two of us having the pear with scallops, however main course was a big let down. Steaks ordered medium rare, one was more medium and the quality of the steak was just not there. For approx $40 for steak with seafood I expect decent quality. My husband ordered the venison, which was undercooked and chewy. The waitress apologised for the venison saying the chef agreed it was undercooked, and offered free dessert, which my husband declined. Slow service with drinks. On paying they advised us they did not charge for the venison. Would not return to this once upmarket restaurant, you get better quality steaks for a lot less $$$ at some of the local pubs. Restaurant had plenty of empty tables even as we were leaving, so I cannot understand why we were required to book for an early time.

Reviewed August 8, 2016

We have just recently moved to the area and wanted a great steak. From the moment we walked in we were greeted with 5 star service. We wanted a romantic night and that was exactly what we got. There was no rush to feed us and turn the table over, it was our table all night. And prices very reasonable, amount of food perfect. My favourite place in Wodonga/Albury now, and will definitely be going back. Try one of their cocktails on arrival in the lounge area in front of the fireplace - beautiful.....

Reviewed June 25, 2016

Four steaks ordered. 3 med /rare and one /medium well and all done to perfection. Bernaise sauce to die for. Delightful wine and service very good. All staff attentive and we all left well satisfied

1  Thank _parker_jandh
Reviewed April 2, 2016

If you are looking for an experience reminiscent of the 1970s at today's prices then this is the place for you. 70's decor, 70's food choices and 70's service. The few people who were dining there the night we chose to eat there proved that the market for this type of dining experience is very small.

1  Thank LyttleV