“Very happy”

Murray Valley Motel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wodonga
“Very happy”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The lady is right, it's really cheap rooms. Rooms of course I notice are a little run down at the moment but given the renovations taking place. The gentleman that served me at the counter informed me that the place has Not had any work done to it since the 1980's. great spot. The few nights I was there while travelling from Melbourne to Albury to visit family were great. Area is nice, quiet & had my own space. Can't wait to come back through & stay again. Cheers guys at Murray valley motor Inn.

Regards: Raymond

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Raymond257

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Well it is cheap. And the location is good. A very sweet child booked us in who knew nothing about Wodonga. My daughter was in hospital - the sweet child did not know where the hospital was, or have a map of Wodonga. Never mind. Wireless access was included in the price -I checked that the password worked while in the office (so I could find the hospital) and it did - however it did not work in the room. There were workmen's tools everywhere, the plants were dead, the air-conditioner roared like a 747 and shook the wall all night, I have never seen a smaller bathroom, the sliding door to the bathroom did not slide, and in the three days we stayed our room was not made up once, or the towels replaced. It had such an air of neglect that I wondered whether they were actually closed, and we had been checked in, in error. I would definitely not stay there again, particularly when there are so many charming clean motels in Wodonga. Look elsewhere, is my advice

Room Tip: Avoid them all - though the southern ones have recently been painted
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank glts
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have stayed there several times over the years. But there was a gap when we happened not to be passing (including 2010, which is when the hostile reviewer here wrote). In that time, a staff problem had nearly taken them under and they had to rebuild both the level of facilities and credibility. We love this friendly place, which also has a great country pub over the road for meals after a day on the road. It's quiet and we try to plan our trips around going there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dannielle57
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

On our way to Sydney booked in Late the first motel in Wodonga the light was on the service was great.
Meet the new Owners
Very clean and tidy nice motel the staff are the best l have meet, they go out of there way to help,
The Breakfast was Fantastic Great Place we will be back

Room Tip: Looked at there three rooms all were great go try
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 255100Sam
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

came up from mallacoota for a change

of scenery ,3rd time iv,e stayed ,on way back to melbourne ,cheap,clean and very friendly,

i will be

calling through again in october 2012 again and hope i am able to get accomadation,would highly recommend to all for low priced ,clean , accomadation

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Rich M
On the Road
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Worst experience in 15 years of budget retirement travelling. Carpet so stained you could not ascertain original design. Termite bait station taped to a door frame. Warned against smoking in the room as the station reacts with nicotine. Strong chemical smell in room. Bedspread soiled and along with carpet covered in animal hairs and fur. I was ordered to pack and leave for questioning the cleaning. The bullying proprietor threatened to blacklist me to other motels Australia wide. On moving to the Twin City Motor Inn the proprietor there later told me he had received a phone call warning. Evidently whilst I was repacking my vehicle the Murray Valley Motor Inn proprietor was phoning other accommodations in Wodonga. Bad experience for 70 year old woman with lot of luggage and arthritic back who needed to find alternative accommodation before dark. I also lost irreplaceable philatelic mail that was not forwarded on as requested. My thanks to the Twin City Motor Inn who took the chance. It was good budget accommodation in Wodonga for a few weeks.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
6 Thank PeripateticLady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wodonga
Best Western Plus Hovell Tree Inn
Motel Wellington
Motel Wellington
#7 of 8 in Wodonga
Belvoir Village Motel & Apartments

Been to Murray Valley Motel? Share your experiences!