“Good Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

A somewhat crowded restaurant in terms of tables particularly when they are all occupied. In any case it has a fairly typical thai menu that is suspiciously influenced by a chinese connection.
Nevertheless the typical fare of curries and accompaniments are delicious. Forgot to add that the selection of entrees are also pretty good
Great venue for a 4 - some or a party but not that good for a couple wanting a quiet time.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I've been going to Siam for 12 years and absolutely love the food and atmosphere. I have been there sometimes very regularly for periods during that time and regardless of how regular I've been they never seem to remember me as a regular customer. The head woman has been the same for 12 years. If I could give them some advice I would recommend the pay more attention and be generally more friendly. Service is good/quick but not at all personable.

1  Thank Leigh E
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My first evening in Melbourne and it couldn't have started any better! This place gets busy compared to the other restaurants along Nelson St on a Friday and Saturday evening in Williamstown. Clearly the locals know a good place when they see it.
The service by the waitresses was fast, very polite and they are very informative when questioned on the ingredients, spice levels etc.
I had the Goong Med Mamuang (stir fried prawns with cashew nuts and thai spices) with a bowl of Jasmine rice and it left me feeling completely satisfied! My two friends also really enjoyed their chosen dishes and one of them said they are a regular of the place, which is why they had taken us here.
Would highly recommend this place to lovers of Thai food in Melbourne.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice Thai. Accommodating for kids. Convenient to Quest hotel across the road. Prices are reasonable and portions are good too.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I travel 30 mins each way to eat at this amazing restaurant! The staff are amazingly friendly and always remember a face - we have been eating here for at least 3 years and they know us by name and ask if we need to book a table when it approaches to myself and my families birthdays (which they've remembered themselves!!).

The food is always amazing - whether you like spicy, mild or anything in between. The prices are nothing but reasonable and for the location of this restaurant, right on the water, they could easily charge more.

If travelling for an hour to get a take away doesn't express my love for this restaurant then maybe you just can't be convinced! AMAZING!!

1  Thank Ellie J