“Just OK”

Santorini Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 107 Restaurants in Williamstown
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Airlie Beach, Australia
“Just OK”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We visited on a warm evening and were seated outside. The food was OK, service slow and left without dessert because we couldn't stanf the smell of their garbage area

Visited January 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Gyros like none other!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have to admit, every time I go to Santorini I have the gyros - I go in with great intentions to try something else, but it's just too far too good! The lamb is a medley, some of it is succulent, some of it crunchy - just a perfect mix!

It's not just the food, the staff and owners are also very friendly and polite - I'm surprised to read a couple of disappointed reviews, we've only ever had a great meal here. I would suggest those who like Greek food, try it for yourselves and make your own minds up.

I will definitely be going back - and thank you to the owner who treated us to a digestive and coffee on the house at the end of our last visit. Nice touch!

• Visited July 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Don't bother.”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Dull food, tasteless home made bread. Empty restaurant. Quite disappointing. I could have made a better meal myself at home, and I am not Greek! I wouldn't race back there.

Visited July 2012
Rural SA
“Excellent value for money banquet and friendly service.”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Looking at the menu, we decided the banquet was probably good value for money. Once served, our banquet exceeded our expectations. Included was entree: a plate of dips/marinated mushrooms, capsicum etc and bread, haloumi, grilled calamari, continental sausage - all of which was very tasty and cooked well. The main course platter was also very good and included all the usual suspects. The prawns were excellent size/quality but maybe slightly overcooked. The surprise on the mains platter was the mussels..they were tender tasty little morsels in a gorgeous broth. The main course platter is served with Greek salad. A finger bowl would have been nice but had we asked, I know they would have accommodated us. Service was attentive and friendly. The wine list is not extensive but we had a Riesling and a Pinot Gris which were quite nice but my father had a Barossa Shiraz which was lovely. BYO is not available. I can definitely recommend the banquet and at $50.00 per head, it was very good value. Portions were more than adequate. I would definitely return here again when in Melbourne. It's very centrally placed in Williamstown.

• Visited July 2012
melbourne
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Went to Santorini the other night with a group of friends and was very disappointed with the place. We ordered the banquet for 6 and the amount of food that came out was poor for 6 adults ,also the quality of the food left a lot to be desired. For a Greek restuarant the gyro was dry as were the prawns, the dips looked and tasted as though they were purchased at Coles New World, I had heard this was a good restuarant but definitely will not be returning. They had a few items on the menu and when we asked for them we were told that they had run out, we had a child with us for whom we ordered some chips and they couldnt even provide some tomatoe sauce, at the end of the meal we ordered some tea and we got a cup of hot water and a teabag, not even a teapot ,Very, Very poor indeed. For a restuarant that promotes itself on being up market the owner really needs to reflect on what is being provided, in these tough economic times a restuarant needs to provide quality , would have been more satisfied going to Mc Donalds.

• Visited June 2012