“Needs something” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of sirens - CLOSED

sirens
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Needs something”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

On a sunny autumn day decided to have lunch here and it is certainly a very great place to dine as the view is spectacular.
We had a great entrée of bruschetta with cauliflower, leeks and gorgonzola cheese, it was fantastic.
However the pasta mains were OK but just short of something. We had penne with chicken, cherry tomatoes, broccoli in a creamy white wine sauce. Look it was OK but the chicken was full of very hard pieces, it was not breast chicken and really spoilt what could have been a nice dish.
Staff were quite good and I think they are trying but it just needs something to get me back there.

1 Thank nbrown1

“Great steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and I had lunch with friends at Siren's today. We all agreed that the food was first class and the sea views are sensational.

Australia
“well worth the visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Being in Williamstown to visit on Mothers Day, and from out of town,we searched Williamstown for a good place to have lunch. We found it on the Esplanade, the "Siren Restaurant & Bistro".
What a delightful place to dine, undercover or Alfresco, your choice.
Very scenic views across the bay enhance the enjoyment of dining here.
The menu offered a great & varied selection. We shared a Mezze Plate & Pizza. Both were excellent.
It is a shame we arrived late in the day, as time permitting we would have tried more from the extensive menu. Pricing of meals is very reasonable for the quality of the food presented.
I must add that food & service were first class, we will return to taste more in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
“Location is unbeatable! But that's about all it has going for it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Sirens is situation right on the beachfront. The outdoor dining is superb on a warm, windless day and the indoor seating is comfortable on a less ideal day. The food rarely surpasses average though, and the only time we eat there is for a bowl of chips and drinks on the outdoor dining. Rarely do we come here for a proper sit-down meal, it just isn't worth it. But I would recommend chips and drinks on the patio!

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, but far too noisy - such a shame”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I am surprised to read the other reviews and glad I hadn't read them before coming here. I was in Williamstown on a Sunday and called in here for lunch on the off chance. I was with two companions and we had to wait about 15mins for a table. We thought that was okay as it was packed with diners. We were shown to a table as promised and ordered. Our food duly arrived - my companions had the Greek Salad, the Lamb Salad and I had the Chargrilled Octopus Salad. All were very good - my friend did think the Greek Salad had too many "leaves" and I tend to agree - not quite authentic, but other than that our food was lovely. The service was very good too - in fact, I'd say exceptional, considering how busy they were, no waiting at all. The only problem was our entire meal was spoiled because it was just far too noisy - the acoustics are shocking, there's no chance to talk without shouting and fellow tablemates straining to hear. I doubt whether I will return, just for that reason.

Visited March 2014