“Measure of a restaurant” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anchorage Restaurant

Anchorage Restaurant
Reserve with
Anchorage Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 107 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set in an historic Williamstown boat shed with bay views of Melbourne, experience our serene location on the marina and authentic nautical feel. Anchorage Restaurant is the perfect location for a delicious, award winning dining experience with the freshest seafood and fine dining options. If you're planning a lovely private dinner, a function or a truly memorable wedding, our experienced staff will ensure your occasion is one to remember.
Melbourne
“Measure of a restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My darling Husband chose Anchorage Restaurant for our 33rd wedding anniversary on Friday night. He was hoping for a romantic celebration with fabulous food!
We were placed next to the window on a tiny little table beside a large table. The gap between the tables had all of us feeling like one group.
Darling ordered the eye fillet steak med/rare and I ordered the fish and chips.
The steak was medium at best, presentation ordinary and overall sheer average. The fish was terrible.......really terribly dry. The salad had no flair whatsoever. A clump of your average mixed leaves with a couple of cherry tomatoes. Didnt even bother with it. Nice chips though!! If your wanting a relaxing.......dare I say romantic feel with good food...... regrettably.....choose another venue.
Steak and Fish........the true measure of any restaurant!!!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Lee001Melb

“Anchorage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Well how do we start, Imagine sitting by the river with stunning views of the city in the back ground. Imagine sitting in a lovely cosy modern restaurant within williamstown. Well if you have the chance, do go and visit. You look at the outside and imagine an old world dining experience.
The door opens and you are are into a fantastic modern restaurant,there is the facilities for a wedding venue too!! Fantastic staff and excellent environment to enjoy your dinning experience.
The food is really good and I believe one of the best I have tasted within the surrounding areas.
Excellent wine too!!. Expect to pay a slightly higher price than one of the
restaurants covering ever range of food. Enjoy the experience and enjoy the food and back view as the sun goes down and casts a fantastic sunset on the city buildings.
Excellent evening experience and if you are looking to travel to Melbourne,make sure you grab a map and take the 20 minute drive out too this restaurant.

I would make a reservation in advance and make sure that you let the team know what kind of view you would like. The restaurant can be busy depending on what is happening around the town. Hope to hear your reviews and hope this helps those looking for something outside the city.

• Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“ok food shame about the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We recently dined at the Anchorage for my Dad's birthday. The restaurant is absoloutely beautiful and in a beautiful location. I am a resident of Williamstown and could wait to take my out of town family there for this special occassion. Well from the minute we walked in our waitress was rude. We had two children with us aged 5 & 7 and she looked them up and down and then pointed to our table across the other side of the resturant, she did not even walk us over there. She did not smile the whole night and was very curt. My husband ordered the venison cooked medium, the waitress pointed out that it should be eaten rare and my husband told her he doesn't like rare meat he wanted it medium. When the meal arrived at the table the venison looked like it had just been seared on either side so it had to be sent back for cooking so we either had the choice of all of us eating in front of him or all our meals going cold. This was really frustrating because they had the conversation at the time the order was taken. Aside from that and the fish being dry on two other meals the rest of the food was nice. But the the waitress made us feel uncomfortable. I don't think I will be going back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ballarat, Australia
“Beautiful Restaurant & Food. Horrible Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Visited this restaurant on Saturday night and found the restaurant to be absoloutely beautiful and the food quality to be amazing. The biggest issue that we had was our no personality waitress who seemeed to be in some kind of bad mood right from the start. She was the older lady of the staff so I hope she wasnt the owner as she did not smile or say hello, she was abrubt and rude for the entire evening. We sat there most of the night deciding weather or not to say something to her or to ask if we could speak to her manager we felt that uncomfortable. We would go there again based on the food but we felt that it was important to let them know how welcome we felt while we were there as we run business's ourself and would hate for our staff to be rude when we were not around.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
“Anchorage Restaurant - disappointing!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went to the Anchorage for an anniversary dinner with my husband. We have lived in the area for many years and thought we would finely try this restaurant. What a disappointment. Arrived at 7pm and was seated, wine poured & orders taken by 7.15pm. It is a lovely place, situated right on the waters edge with magnificent views of the city - perfect setting for a restaurant. Our entrees came out within 30 min of placing our order & were delicious - that's where it ends. We were then forgotten about. No one came over to ask if we wanted any more wine & our mains, after more than 1.5 hrs, were no where to be seen. After telling a waiter that we still, at 9.15pm, had not had our mains, he apologised & said he would let the kitchen know. They arrived about 20 min later - with my salmon, so overcooked, that the table next door thought it was a chicken schnitzel. It was very dry and unappetising. I was unable to eat my meal, but was still charged full price for it. The Anchorage has always had the reputation of pricy food, but excellent quality & service. I beg to differ and with all the excellent restaurants around Melbourne, I think if the Anchorage wants to hold onto this reputation, they need to make some serious improvements. I won't be going back until they do.

• Visited February 2013