“The Anchorage is a delightful waterfront restaurant but needs faster service!”
Review of Anchorage Restaurant - CLOSED

Anchorage Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Set in an historic Williamstown boat shed with bay views of Melbourne, experience our serene location on the marina and authentic nautical feel. Anchorage Restaurant is the perfect location for a delicious, award winning dining experience with the freshest seafood and fine dining options. If you're planning a lovely private dinner, a function or a truly memorable wedding, our experienced staff will ensure your occasion is one to remember.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Five of us had a nice lunch here in mid January but we had to wait over an hour to get our meal served. Truly when the food arrived it was wonderfully presented and was fresh and quite delicious. The Anchorage is on a pier at the northern end of Williamstown centre with the shops all arranged along the waterfront street. The over 125 years old buildings and shops are being renovated and the whole village is gaining a reputation for trendiness and eateries of quality. Loads of coffee shops and at least 3 yacht clubs here plus naval facilities makes it an interesting and pleasant place to visit. In keeping with the maritime heritage, the Anchorage has a very sailing/yachting atmosphere. If the restaurant smartens up the speed of service, it will be hard to resist going there again!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went there for a birthday dinner recently and have to say, I felt let down. As other reviewers have said, the restaurant is in a fantastic location and has been beautifully renovated. The service also was good. However, I feel the food is the disappointment- particularly for the price. We had the mushroom soup and tempura prawns for entree. The soup lacked flavour and the prawns were average and tasteless. My partner had the eye fillet (asked for medium and got very well done) and I had the barramundi. Both dishes were average- the vegetables accompanying them had a slightly odd flavour and overall the dishes left us feeling underwhelmed and a little ripped off after the $30-$40 price-tag. I want to like this place, but I would rather go and have a decent pub meal near by

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This place has been renovated and looks a treat - great views back over the city to watch the sun go down then light up at night. The wife and I dined there and were met with very good service from the wait staff. No bread to start. I hat it when restaurants dont give you a bread roll to tide you over. You can pay for their fancy bread, but sheesh - really - no bread role?

Sort of feel a little bad giving feedback on this one as the staff and location are really pleasant. Food though, was dissapointing. For entree I had the bug, which was quite good and a decent size. The main though made me feel I was at my local pub. They had it on the menu as a veal cutlet, but it was replaced by t-bone on the night we were there. It came out with some way over streamed (boiled?) asparagus and brocollini and a basil pesto mash. In short, it was really just pub grub - they didn't ask me how I wanted the steak cooked either, and well done it was - must be their default setting. Wife had the lamb backstrap which was overdone too. We were at a 6.30 sitting too, so not sure what the pressure was in the kitchen. Understaffed?

Accompanied by a nice riesling.

Please dont take this as a bad review, as I think its wort a go and I will definitely go back for a second go at it - just a few bits to watch out for.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Amazing location and food . The main couse took a while to come out but it was all worth it. Overall our mains were wonderful. The atmosphere and location are beautiful with great view and settings. some Items on menu were a bit pricy but our seafood mains had a fantasic flavor. The only downside were the desserts, the chocolate dessert was very small and not worth the price..
Service was alos very good.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went to Anchorage for New Year's Eve, and were sitting on the deck. What a magnificient view of the fireworks in Melbourne as well as fireworks right across the bay. The meal was superb, (as always) and the staff were very attentive. There was even security staff at the door, in case of trouble, which did not need to be used. What a wonderful night.