“Hungry? HUGE portions. Value+” 4 of 5 bubbles

Al Porto Vecchio
Ranked #67 of 107 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Melbourne
“Hungry? HUGE portions. Value+”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've been here twice now, and both times have been unable to finish my enormous meals. Not because there was anything wrong with them - delicious in fact. but the servings are enormous. Amazing value for money. The first time I had a pizza - the basilicata. It almost melted my face off with chillies but it was good!!! My friend had lamb shanks which he said were delish. The second time I had the mushroom and spinach risotto which was also good, though needed to add salt. My friend had the calamari - looked like an entire octopus worth - HUGE meal again that even he couldn't get through. Service was prompt and friendly. No probs here!

• Visited June 2013

Hoppers Crossing, Australia
“Great pizzas but very poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Our pizzas were delicious! I had the BBQ Chicken pizza and my husband had the Chicken and sweet chilli. There were large and extremely tasty and only cost $16.00 each. HOWEVER, we sat and waited to be served for 25 minutes. The only reason we were served, is we caught a waiter walking past and asked if we could order a drink. Our drinks were finished and our meal arrived, but we did not have an opportunity and order another round of drinks, so we had to wait again to catch a passing waiter. Whilst every table had people on them, there were enough staff to cater for everyone. The service was extremely poor and unfriendly. The head waiter chewed his chewy with an opened mouth and spent too many wasted minutes staring out the opened door. Very disappointing

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Perth, Australia
“Great value, generous serves”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

While in Melbourne recently we caught the ferry from Southbank to Williamstown ($28 return), and had lunch at this restaurant. What attracted us was their $12 specials, which ranged from Chicken Parmigiana to pasta anyway you wanted it. At this cheap price we thought the meal would be on the smaller side-not so, hugh servings (the Chicken Parma came with chips and salad, and my wife had a pasta dish, both of which we could not finish). With a couple of soft drinks (the venue is licensed) the bill was a total of $30. Excellent value and truly one of the biggest lunches we have ever had.
Two doors down from the restaurant is an ice cream place, IL Capriccio, which serves home made ice cream, 2 scoops for $5. You will travel a long way to find better ice cream.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Bill252
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice food at a great price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had the lamb shank and it was great. The shank I got had more meat on it than most, meaning, the one shank was plenty. The mash and veggies were well cooked and there were enough to make this a really filling lunch. One of my daughters had a pizza which i pinched a slice and it was also really good the rest of our group had the penne bolognese which they weren't that impressed with. Also while the staff were friendly the service was a little slow especially at the start. We got directed to our table and then left to ourselves for about 20 minutes to the point where we were beginning to wonder if we needed to go up to a counter to order? But once our order was taken the staff were then quite attentive to us and the value meant we were happy with our choice of venue.
Also the kids meals seemed no different in serving size from the adult meals. Not an issue but just a little unusual

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Nick A
Melbourne, Australia
“great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

On a busy night a friend and I went here. service by waitstaff was reasonable.
Food service was great we didn't get through our entrée before our meals arrived.
We both got the chicken parma both were huge servings for a fantastic price.
Will be going back.