“The View is Magnificent”
Review of Pelicans Landing

Pelicans Landing
Ranked #7 of 112 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual, contemporary dining set in the beautiful surroundings of Williamstown, with spectacular views of Melbourne across Hobson's Bay.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

As a local this is one of my favourite places to meet friends for drinks. Sit on the deck, or inside to enjoy the view across the locally moored boats towards the city. It's very relaxing to watch the sun set across the bay. However the service is not that good. I met a friend there last night and even though there were only two others there, the staff kept us waiting while they had a good ol' chat, before they served us up at the bar. Even worse, when we chose a table it was really dirty, so had to ask for a cloth. I know what you are thinking, yes, they should have stopped talking and come to clean our table, but no, the waiter actually did hand my friend the cloth to clean the table herself, then he resumed the conversation he was having. Time to lift the level of service people! The locals are on to you and you are losing custom.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My friend has recently moved to the area, so a short walk along the street passing numerous other cafes & restaurants she pointed us through the park to the pelican!
I'm not one for "restaurants with views" but we walked in, service started a bit slow until Amanda came to our table! A mature lady with several piercings & the odd tattoo here & there, she helped with Great suggestions on wine & food.
Starters we had beetroot salad, scallops & the saganaki. Was delicious.
The scallops full & plump & cooked to perfection.
Mains my host had roasted salmon, my partner had the marinara (the best he's had since he came to Australia) I had the duck.
They were all very pleasing, decent sized portions. Presentation was great too.
The duck was served with half a poached pear, marinated wild figs & a mushroom risotto. Delicious.

The desserts were all fine, nothing really outstanding compared to the other dishes. The chilli chocolate tart... Couldn't detect any chilli at all.

All in all was great.i probably wouldn't want to come when it's crazy busy! As it seats a hell of a lot, was a quiet Sunday night when we experienced this great pelican.
We will be back!

$300 for 3 people. 2 bottles of wine & 3 courses each.
Good value.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had dinner with family. The service was good and the food serves were small serves but was enough. The bar tender mixed the lemon lime & bitters a little strong but it was ok. The views were nice and is a great place to eat on a summers days with a great atmosphere. There also cater for weddings and special functions.

2  Thank angelica65
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Visited this restaurant with my wife after receiving a voucher as a Christmas present.. Really disappointed with service and quality of food. Waited and waited for drinks only to be brought out as we were leaving. The size if our meals were very small considering the prices paid. Overall a really bad experience and a shame to report back to the person who gave us the voucher that it was the worst meal we have ever had. . Take my advice and stay away

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Pelican's Landing is in a prime position in Williamstown and as such will continue to attract diners and those wanting to sit and enjoy a drink. Lucky they have this aspect because we attended on NY's Day and the service was deplorable. We were effectively ignored for 15 minutes after we sat down, had to approach them for service, 10 minutes after ordering our drinks and coffee I had to again approach staff to check how much longer we would wait, only to be told "oops I forgot!". Having just returned from 2 years in Perth, espousing the positives of Melbourne's food and wine scene and service, I was so shocked and disappointed. It was not busy, what appeared to be the more senior Duty Manager, was busy talking about dog dropping quite loudly, there was a bottle of Spray & Wipe & cloth on the bar, dirty dishes on tables and stacked up behind the bar near the dishwasher. Honestly, it was like something from Fawlty Towers, we thankfully could find the humour in it and enjoyed our drink, not game to order a meal for fear of starvation whilst we waited.