“Great Greek food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Remvi By The Bay

Remvi By The Bay
Reserve with
Remvi By The Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 107 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
“Great Greek food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

good hearty food and great atmosphere. dips were home made and the lamb cooked to perfection. very romantic

Visited January 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious greek food, lovely restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Restaurant is quite nice and simply decorated. White tablecloths and pictures of Greece adorning the walls.
We couldn't bypass the plate of dips for entree. 5 different flavours - tarama (fish roe) - lovely pale pink colour, unlike the bulk made stuff from supermarket that probably has some horrid pink colouring in it, flavour was subtle but tasty, tzatziki - one of my favourites. Flavour was perfectly balanced. Eggplant dip - sometimes the smokiness of the eggplant can be too strong but this was beautifully balanced, skordalia - never had this one before and we couldn't decide what it was. It is made from potato, garlic, olive oil and vinegar - very moreish! And lastly htiptiti, which is made from fetta cheese, roasted pepper and olive oil - the balance of the pepper and cheese was excellent. The dips were served with freshly made pita bread, which was soft but chewy.
Also had another entree - white bait. Usually I love whitebait but this had quite a sharp fishy flavour - didn't stop me eating it though.
All the mains were served with either baked or mashed potato. I had the lamb cutlets or Paithakia - they were cooked to perfection. The others had the chefs special Arni Lemonato. Lamb cooked in its own juice, lemon juice and oregano/herbs in the oven. The meat was very pale and to me the lemon flavour overpowered the taste of the meat. It was a bit on the bland side. They had it with baked potato (they looked like large wedges) and other veggies.
The paithakia consisted of five lamb cutlets, which had been chargrilled with herbs and served with tzatziki and side salad. The salad was simple greens, red onion, tomato, capsicum.
Too full to have a dessert so next time will have to leave some room as I love baklava!
highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Cohuna, Victoria, Australia
“Great Place to Celebrate any occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I had my 50th Birthday party in August 2012, and we wanted to celebrate and have a private room to do so. As I live 3 hours from Melbourne and nearly all the people that were to be invited live in Melbournes west we decided that Remvi would be ideal. We had eaten there a few times and enjoyed it every time. All my contact with them was via telephone and it was hassle free. I told them what I wanted roughly how many people and booked in the Upstairs room which would hold about 40 (you wouldnt want to have any more than that as it would be abit tight). We had the banquet and alcohol package, Everyone loved it, the children had a choice of a kids meal if needed however most of the kids liked what was on offer as did the parents. Could not fault the food or the service. The room was ready for us when we got there 2 long tables set up, you are also free to decorate the room with flowers or candles and bring your own music as they have a CD player. All in all I and all my guestssaid they had a great time and loved the food - So what more could you ask for !!!

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Heaps of great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

We went here for a birthday and we had shared and individual platters. The halloumi was excellent, the whitebait plentiful and the shared platters abundant. The Greek beers were a novelty and we had more food than we could finish. Good value for money, too, with everyone being 'fed and watered' while looking over Hobsons Bay.

1 Thank Rod S
Melbourne, Australia
“Plenty of fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

The food, service and music on a weekend are terrific

Visited July 2012