“Extremely Disappointing”
Review of Sam's Boat Shed - CLOSED

Sam's Boat Shed
Reviewed March 19, 2016

Used to be a local and a big fan of this place. After moving away four years ago I thought it would be fun to go back and try their wonderful pizzas again. Hugely disappointed. Ordered lamb and feta pizza for $24. The base was thin, dry, hard to eat, overcooked and possibly store bought. The topping was bland with only a sprinkling of feta crumbs, soggy potato, hardly any rosemary and worst of all a horrible fatty flavour from the lamb that permeated the entire pizza. The lamb tasted like it had been reheated. I've had much better pizzas from takeaway chains. What a rip off! Side salad was fresh but no dressing, staff friendly but very amateurish. We were one of only two groups there on a Saturday evening. The floor was also very dirty and the place had a real uncared for atmosphere. Sams to say that you have gone downhill is an understatement. Wake up, read the reviews, stop relying on location, and do something about it.

Reviewed March 15, 2016

We visited Sam's Boatshed for a friend's birthday. The food was great, the service was pretty good, too.
The meals were served promptly, but one friend got her pizza about 10 minutes before everyone else started getting their meals. The other issue we had was that I had to wait a little longer for my main meal, as my order had not been taken down correctly.
The bowl of hot chips was huge, more than enough for two, three, or maybe even four people to share as a side dish to their meals.
Would recommend this venue for the atmosphere, food and overall location near Gem Pier in beautiful Williamstown.

Reviewed January 27, 2016

Took my mother& I for dinner there on Australia Day! Service was a bit on the slow side but, the waitresses were very good! However the food was not! The salad had no dressing& was hence bland! We told the person I assume running it when we went to pay at the till& was told we should have asked for dressing! Hmmmm, really? Anyway, we ordered garlic cheese pizza bread& that too was bland, there was no hint of garlic in our tastebuds on it! The prices are exceptionally high for poor food really! So, we will not be revisiting this establishment again. ..ship ahoy, customers overboard!

1  Thank Rob B
Reviewed December 27, 2015

Unfortunately Sam's fits in with most Williamstown restaurants with service being the off-putting feature. I know it was Christmas Eve but I would not have booked if I had known that they were closing at 8. Our booking was for 6.30. It was a hot night but pleasant sitting outside. Our drinks and food order were taken together and arrived together! So much for a drink before dinner. No water was offered even though it was a hot day. The saving grace was that the pizzas were good, top marks for a good base. A downer was the lady screaming over our heads each time someone walked in the gate 'we are closed!'. It was long time since we had been at Sam's and even though we live around the corner we can't see a reason to go back.

Reviewed December 5, 2015 via mobile

The good: plenty of seafood on the pizza. Nice waiters.
The bad: spent the whole night saying 'sorry but you forgot this and can we have that', to basic requirements like dressing on salad and water. The pizza had mussels still in the shell (what is that?) and no plate to put the shells in (after I'd done the chefs job)
The ugly: we were almost certain that the pizza bases were store bought and not made on the premises, waiter said toilets not working but didn't know where any were outside the restrnt! And they were right outside. Floorboards are coming up with protruding nails

1  Thank Giddyup124124