“Christmas Day”

Quest Williamstown North
Melbourne, Australia
“Christmas Day”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Enjoyed our stay for Christmas and having access to the pool on a warm day whilst mixing with the other families made our stay better than I expected. Self contained apartment with everything provided. Will return in the future for a relaxing getaway.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Aaron R, Owner at Quest Williamstown North, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Jools R,

I’d like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We’re so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay here over Christmas. It was wonderful to see many families utilizing the pool, cooking their Christmas lunch on the BBQ, and kids riding their new bikes along the bike paths. We think our property is one the whole family can appreciate and enjoy.

See you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Recently stayed here, "executive" apartment wasn't great. Found someone elses socks in the room, white tails, huntsmans. Made bacon and eggs .. there was pepper but no salt?? whats up with that. Because I was desperate for sleep and knew the area better than the city i decided to rebook for another 4 days and got a different apartment... this one was worst... dirty cutlery, dirty cups... FILTHY especially considering the price paid. bought a coke from the vending machine.. was wxpired by 5 months!! Only stay here if you're desperate!! in my case I was.

Room Tip: Probably no room is the best, executive or not the rooms were dated
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank T W
Darrelle N, General Manager at Quest Williamstown North, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear T W,

I would like to thank you for your review and for bringing your concerns to my attention. I sincerely apologize you did not receive the accommodation you expected and we strive for.

I passed this feedback on to our Housekeeping department and we agree this level of service is not up to the standard we pride ourselves on. Had we known about your concerns at the time we would have absolutely rectified them whilst you were here.

Should you wish to return, please contact me personally to make your reservation.

Kind regards,
Johor Bahru
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had a week's stay at Quest Williamstown North, has great view and great apartment style lodging where you can cook and do your own laundry, stayed at a unit with 2 rooms. It's great if you have your own transport but getting a cab is not that hard. You need to travel to nearby Williamstown for meals thought, but the hotel does provide a lot of delivery menu for the pizza places nearby. I've stayed at other Quest in New Zealand and I have to say that this one is a bit better than the rest.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the lake, it's a very good view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear CalvinChoo,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We’re so glad you had a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Williamstown North in the near future.

Warm regards,
Horsham, Australia
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Williamstown North Quest offers spacious 2 and 3 bedroom townhouse units (we have stayed in both) with multiple bathrooms and toilets, free parking, nice grounds with a lake, pool and BBQ. A great, low cost option close to Williamstown. Decor is somewhat dated.

• Stayed August 2013
Aaron R, Owner at Quest Williamstown North, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Robyn-loves-Hakuba,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Quest Williamstown North.

Your kind comments regarding the facilities and our generously sized apartments, as well as the value for money have been passed onto our team. As mentioned previously our property will be undergoing refurbishment in the near future. The apartments will be re-painted, kitchens renovated, reception refurbished, and property signage will also be replaced.

We look forward to accommodating you again next time you choose to stay in Williamstown.

Kind regards,
Devonport, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I spent a whirlwind visit in a poolside apartment for a couple of nights on business, and left with mixed feelings.

First the good. The apartments are amazing. Very comfortable and well appointed. A true home away from home with none of the minor inconveniences and discomforts that come with staying at such places. The place was very quiet and I could imagine a pleasant summer afternoon being spent either on the balcony or beside the small pool. There's even a couple of walking tracks around that would be great for stretching your legs.

Now for the less than perfect aspects of my stay. This venue is in the middle of nowhere. This is not necessarily a bad thing, providing you have transport. Also be aware that there is no restaurant. Again, not a problem providing you are prepared for it. But when you arrive on a winters night, the last thing you feel like doing is hopping in a cab and trying to find somewhere to eat in a strange town or walking the 1.5km to the nearest Safeway to buy supplies. Some local takeaway stores deliver, but again that can be a mixed bag if you don't know the town. Once I got over that initial hiccup though, it did not detract from my experience.

The main issue came on the day of checkout. According to the signage, Reception opens at 7:00 am on a weekday, so I thought I'd check out, leave off my bags, then walk the 2kms to my meeting. I arrived at the Reception at 7:10 to find the place still in darkness. A couple of patient presses on the doorbell elicited no response, so in desperation I called a cab because the prospect of lugging a suitcase 2km up the road did not fill me with joy. After a lengthy wait for a cab - another saga in itself - the Reception still had not opened, despite being 50 minutes after the advertised opening time. The presence of a key drop box meant that I could still check out, but taking your suitcase into a meeting is never a good look. Again I wouldn't have minded if the Reception hours were later, as I could have made other arrangements, but to be told one thing and experience another sours the experience somewhat.

Despite those negatives, I did like the location and standard of accommodation, and often thought it would be a great place for a family holiday. That's providing you had something to do in the area and had the means to get there. From what I saw, attractions in the immediate vicinity are rather sparse. I'm not sure about the suitability for business, as people travelling for work rarely have the time nor inclination to go faffing about looking for somewhere to eat or drink - preferring it to be readily accessible. Also a reliable level of service is more of a requirement.

Would I recommend against staying there? Probably not, as long as you're aware of the limitations of the venue. It's clean, quiet, and comfortable, three of the main things you need. Probably the only thing missing was convenience,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Matt B
Dear Matt B,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Quest Williamstown North.

Firstly I would like to extend my sincerest apologies in regards to the mix up with reception not being open at the time you were expecting it to. I can assure you this was a once off. During the week, without fail, there is a receptionist here from 7.00am until 9.00pm every night, this was an extenuating circumstance, and I can guarantee is not a regular occurrence. We do have an onsite manager available at all times whilst reception is not open, and there are directions displayed on how you can contact them in times of an emergency.

There have been discussions by local council that a restaurant will be built within the new development next door, which will be walking distance from us. During the meantime, in order to alleviate this stress for our guests, we offer a restaurant charge back facility, which includes many restaurants that deliver to our property. We encourage guests to ask reception for their recommendations, as they are all local resident. Alternatively our shuttle bus is available, subject to availability, to take guests into Williamstown.

I would lastly like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding the cleanliness of our apartments, as well as the quiet, and serene nature of our property. We do hope the one off does not deter you from returning to Quest Williamstown North.

Should you ever like to stay again, please contact me directly, and I will ensure you are well looked after.

Regards,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The location was quiet, but out of the way a little. You need a car as Williamstown is about 4-5kms away. They advertise a resort bus, but when we wanted to be dropped of at Williamstown the staff on duty told us they didn't have a driver license.
The worst bit was that we stayed 4 nights and couldnot sleep at night because the heating on the air conditioner didn't work (nights were cold)and kept making loud noises switching on and off. It was either not working and cold, or over hot and wouldn't turn down or off. The fact that we couldn't sleep because of the air conditioning unit problems made the stay very uncomfortable.I was exhausted and tired when I left.
The apartments are boring, no picture frames just bland walls of nothing.
There is little security with the apartments as sliding doors don't lock.

Room Tip: Ask if the air conditioner works
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gena5
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Its hard when traveling alone and you get a massive two storied unit with tables, chairs, sofa, big screen TV - a full kitchen and laundry and dryer (and complete with soap powder!!!)
Frankly this accommodation is overkill for me but the location suited me well..
Downstairs was quite nice - Ground floor toilet in laundry - work table with dedicated modem for the room ($10 a day I recall) Large lounge with opening to grass. A little bland with no art on the walls but well set up.... Upstairs... good master bedroom and TV with en-suite and excellent bed... second bedroom with two singles and another bathroom with bath.
Excellent staff who are most welcoming.

As a warning to others - GARMIN GPS's send you further down Kororoit Creek Road where there are homes and you cannot see signage for Quest... back track and the hotel is the opposite sea side of the road... I arrived in the dark on a cold and nasty night and the young lady at reception guided me in... thanks Quest Team...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jeff M,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Quest Williamstown North. I am so glad you found the apartments comfortable, and well equipped. Your feedback regarding our staff, has been passed on with the utmost pride, as we place a main focus on customer service, and ensuring the guest experience is one to remember.

I agree that the signage off the road is quite difficult to see, especially on a cold and stormy night. As mentioned before, we are undergoing a property upgrade, and will soon have all signage replaced, resolving this issue.

We look forward to accommodating you during your next stay in the West.

Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
Middle Park Hotel
Parkville
Art Series - The Larwill Studio
Quest Williamstown
#1 of 7 in Williamstown

Been to Quest Williamstown North? Share your experiences!