“Quite nice, but could do with a freshen up.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quest Williamstown North

Quest Williamstown North
Wagga Wagga, Australia
“Quite nice, but could do with a freshen up.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed in a two-bedroom apartment at this Quest as it was local to where we wanted to be over Christmas. The location is great - beach out the back, Williamstown shops etc just down the road, and close access to freeways for airport, city and Geelong (and elsewhere). Trains also nearby - can't vouch for them as I didn't use them!

The staff were very friendly and efficient - offered after-hours key support if we required (on Christmas Day - very good service!) and followed through with promised e-mails and phone calls. Very cheery and courteous.

The apartment is two-storey with the bedrooms upstairs, living area down. One bedroom faces an inner common area containing the pool and the other looks out to the car-park, toward the city in our case, though still with a peek of the sea. A table and chairs on the balcony off the main bedroom is a nice place to watch the Bay.

The main bedroom has a full en-suite which was oddly sized, making the shower hard to get in and out of. Next to the other bedroom is a "main" bathroom, but no toilet, which seemed a little odd. There is another toilet downstairs in the laundry, immediately inside the front door, along with a vanity. Full washing and drying facilities installed. The fully appointed kitchenette was a good size and kitted out well.

The apartment was nice enough but getting a bit tired. It needed a good repaint in my opinion. The curtains aren't black-out, and at the cheaper end of the scale.

The air-conditioning worked well upstairs in the bedrooms but struggled downstairs (could have been the controls - they were more user hostile than most). The en-suite shower rose wouldn't stay in place (forgot to mention it to reception on check-out but shouldn't someone be checking these things?).

There was no key apparent for the sliding door to the pool area (how do you lock it after yourself?). The fridge rocked like a three-legged dog at a beerfest - easily fixed, so I did without leaving a bill, but why isn't someone looking at things like this?

These are all dumb things which shouldn't happen. I've stayed in Quests before and this was a bit disappointing to see, but overall it was a good clean room, great location and we enjoyed ourselves and the stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aaron R, Owner at Quest Williamstown North, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay Quest Williamstown North. I too am very fond of our surrounds, and agree that it is a very peaceful locale given that we are so centrally located. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff, we pride ourselves on our friendly customer service, and work hard to ensure that this is filtered through our whole team; your comments will be passed on with pleasure.

In response to your comments about our apartments, we have been working very hard and are currently undergoing a refurbishment to upgrade the following;
- Last year all units were recarpeted
- We are in the process of repainting all doors of each unit and replacing all mattresses, pillows, doonas, and cushions
- We are currently planning a full refurbishment of our reception area
- We are in the process of upgrading all downstairs televisions, these are larger than the ones we have now. The current televisions will be moved upstairs into the main bedroom, thus providing digital channels upstairs as well,
- All bathrooms will undergo maintenance over the next couple of months where we will be resealing and grouting,
- In the near future we will updating the kitchen bench tops, and cupboards,
- We will be replacing all curtains, and sheers in the apartments,
- All apartments will begin being repainted towards the end of this year,
- Property signage and street signage will be replaced and implemented by June this year

Our air conditioning technician is currently going through all apartments, and servicing the air conditioners to ensure they are at full working order, my sincerest apologies that this was not up to standard at the time of your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, your feedback has been extremely valuable to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels, if you do stay with us next time, please contact me directly and I will ensure you are well looked after.

Kind Regards,
Aaron Rooke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Norseman, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed at the Quest North Williamstown for 3 nights and although the location was fantastic it was disappointing in other aspects. Before our arrival I requested and paid for a rollout bed for third child. On arrival this was not organized. Although I complained a number of times and the reception staff were very sympathetic the air-conditioning didn't work while we were there. We were lucky that the temperatures didn't get to the forecast maximums. Seeing that they were serviced apartments the rollout bed wasn't made at all and the other beds were made the first day but not the second. The maintenance on the apartments for a relative new complex needed to be improved. The flywire screen doors were falling off the tracks and when I requested to be repaired they just placed the door back in the tracks rather than place some rollers on the doors so they work. The reception staff were very sympathetic but nothing actually got done and rather than letting me know what was happening I had ask what was happening.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Bruce N
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Been coming here for work for quite sometime. The rooms that have ducted air con are terrible and struggle big time in extreme heat.
The TVs are terrible we use the same rooms regularly and the current room fox8 doesnt even work, something about updating subscription & Nickelodeon is actually the foxtel help channel. I brought it up with management nearly 2 months ago, but nothing changed.
Nice rooms, clean but air con & tvs are painful

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aaron R, Owner at Quest Williamstown North, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I am writing to say thank you for choosing to stay at Quest Williamstown North recently and also for bringing to our attention your concern with respect to the condition of your apartment on your arrival.
Whilst we endeavour to exceed the expectations of our guests at every opportunity, occasionally we don’t achieve our objective and clearly your experience was one such occasion. I would like to offer you our apologies on behalf of our team.
We are currently in the process of having all of the air conditioning units serviced by a commercial specialist, and are seeing positive results throughout the entire property. We have also had the foxtel fixed in the unit you occupied during your stay.
Thank you for your comments in regards to the state of the room, as we pride ourselves on our high levels of cleanliness. Your kind feedback will be passed onto housekeeping.
Once again thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns and for choosing to stay with us, we hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the near future.
Warm Regards,
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel is the best among view,we like to view so much!

I have booked a two bedrooms apartment, check in is quick and map was given to travel around. Parking is complimentary. This aparmtent is located away from city area, but it only takes 15 minutes drive to city area and 30 mins drive to Tullamarine Airport.

Room was comfortable and the amenities are well equipped. (No body lotion and safety box included), We were very disappointing with the housekeeping service, i could say there's no standard at all. On the first day, we found out there's an underwear left in the sofa between cousin, we called down to reception and mention to her to remind housekeeing to clean up on the next day. When we came back, the underwear was still there, we called down again and a lady came and pick it up immediately and apologise, A housekeeper came on the next day with a bottle of red wine and apologize, we appreciate. At night, when we were tidying up the bed, folding the quilt linen, we found there was a big blood stain on the quilt cover, this is very disgusting and we called reception to change it immediately, they didn't have new quilt cover so they use a blanket instead....

I was working in hospitality industry before, we won't request things too much or so mean to the staff, what we want is a clean and comfortable room, but definitely the cleaning standard need to review and reinstate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aaron R, Owner at Quest Williamstown North, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your valuable feedback on your recent stay at Quest Williamstown North.

I am pleased that you found the location appealing, and I too appreciate the charismatic views of the wetlands surrounding our property. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the comfort of our apartments, it is pertinent to mention that we are currently undergoing a refurbishment, which includes replacing all of our beds and bedding, new televisions and recarpeting and repainting. We expect this will improve the comfort for all guests that stay at Quest Williamstown North.

First and foremost, please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues you experienced whilst staying with us. Our entire team takes this feedback extremely seriously, and we endeavor to ensure that strategies are put into place to ensure such situations are avoided in the future. Our experienced Head Housekeeper has been made aware of these issues, and all of our housekeeping staff have been briefed on new procedures. I can assure you that this is most certainly an isolated incident as we pride ourselves on the high levels of cleanliness throughout the hotel.

If you are returning to the area in the future please contact myself at the hotel and I will ensure you are well looked after. Again please except my sincere apologies on your experience with us.

Warm Regards,
Kapunda, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our second time staying at Quest North Williamstown, and much better than our first visit.

The staff rang us to make sure we would be arriving before reception closed, which was nice. Our last trip we arrived after 11pm and found the key OK but could not find the apt, as the apartment numbering had changed, but the old apt number was on the key/map.

No such problems this time, check in was a breeze as we had stayed there before, no additional paperwork to do. The apt was 2 bedroom located on the first floor, with a view of the pool and the wet land park at the back of the property.

Large lounge, with the heater running prior to arrival (nice touch given it was 2c when we arrived), two huge couches, big dining table. These are full apts, with kitchens, large fridges, washer/dryers and dishwashers. One & 1/2 bathrooms, the main bedroom has a on-suite shower but no additional toilet.

Only draw back is the crap digital tv reception, but thats the only draw back.

Point to look out for, its in Williamstown North not Williamstown, without a car its a long walk to the cafe's, pubs and shops in Ferguson St.

I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Quest Williamstown North, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
I would like to first thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor.com.au. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly having our receptionist contact you prior to arrival, the large apartments, and the fact that we turn our heaters on for our expected guests' arrival - we do these things to ensure the most comfortable stay for our guests, so we are very pleased that you have appreciated this.

We are also pleased to advise that we have just upgraded our foxtel channels to also run off the digital signal, so now both our free to air and Foxtel channels are all digital, which has solved our temporary reception issues with our TV's.

We are about to commence on a full soft refurbishment of our property over the next 12 months including new beds/bedding/cushions etc, artwork/painting, new (larger) TV's for the lounge area, and new glass tabletop for all our apartments.

We look forward to showing you our improvements when you are next in the area.

Again, we would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review.
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Very disappointing stay this time. I have stayed here about 5 times and usually live this place but this time I was deeply dissatisfied with my stay. My room was dirty on arrival with pubic hair on the bathroom floor. The kitchen floor was also dirty . On my second day my bed was just pulled up not made ! The kitchen wasn't wiped down, the table wasn't wiped down . We had no clean towels left and our toiletries were not replenished. We went to use the pool and noticed a condom floating in it ! So we decided to use the spa and noticed a condom packet there too ! We went back over two days and it was still there despite having complained about it ! I usually love this hotel but guys you need to be consistant with your cleaning !

• Stayed April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wendyprado
Aaron R, Owner at Quest Williamstown North, responded to this review, May 24, 2012

Whilst we endeavour to exceed the expectations of our guests at every opportunity,occasionally we don’t achieve our objective and clearly your experience was one such occasion. I would like to offer you my sincere apologies on behalf of the entire team here at Quest Williamstown North.

Since being made aware of your concerns we have taken measures to rectify the problem and I am now confident that the matter will not be repeated.

Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

A one night stay at an apartment here had me lamenting that it was but one night. The weather was beautiful, and the view from the apartment was absolutely breathtaking. The pool and spa looked inviting, and the grounds were pretty and well kept. The apartment itself was basic but clean (although some of the cutlery and glassware could have used a better clean). The DVD player didn't work so staff went out of their way to hunt us down a spare player, despite their being fully booked that night. We sat on the balcony watching a beautiful sunset drinking a lovely red and eating a cheese platter. Absolute romantic perfection.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
Quest Sanctuary Lakes
#1 of 1 in Middle Park
Quest Williamstown
Quest Williamstown
#1 of 7 in Williamstown

Been to Quest Williamstown North? Share your experiences!