“Great location”

Quest Williamstown
Point Cook
“Great location”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Was going to a function at one of the many restaurants, and having seen this place before, thought we would treat ourselves and stay the night. The place is in a terrific location as it is on Gem Pier. We walked around and saw the many boats big and small and big cruisers, and also the many restaurants along the strip. We had a studio apt which we were impressed with as it was well kitted out for a small kitchen. I thought the pillows were quite hard and the tap over the combined bath/shower took some time to work out. Underneath the tap was a small pull out tap, which you had to pull out to make the shower work, very confusing. The paint on the wall i feel would have looked nicer in a type of blue to blend in with the sea, but the walls were clean, and also while plenty of tea/coffee and sugar no lite and low was provided.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank diane90

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights for business in September, it's a great location and my apartment had an amazing view of the ocean/bay. If you're up for running/walking I would reccomend staying here, the running track is great and refreshing to get outdoors!

The decor is a little run down on the inside, although gives the feel of a summer holiday house from the outside. You definately need to hire a car/pay about $80 for a taxi fare from Tullamarine airport.

There is a woolworths in walking distance, but worth heading into williamstown for the restaurants and nice waterview of Melbourne city. Reccomend hiring a car.

Bed and ammenities are nice, didn't get the best sleep on the beds.

All in all, the place needs an internal makeover.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonnoson
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I just spent Saturday night in a 2 bedroom apartment facing the Yacht club with my elderly mother, husband and teenage daughter and sleep was not an option .. The noise and music from the adjoining restaurant went past midnight. The noise and music from the Yacht club adjacent to the apartments unfortunately went on till at least 1.00 am. That wasn't the end of it .As there is absolutely no sound insulation ,every bit of noise from next door and the room above us continued well after 1.00 am.
When I contacted management, her unsympathetic response was that I should be out enjoying myself at least until 1.00a.m. and that getting to sleep before then would be unrealistic. When she grabbed my $320 dollars for the night, perhaps a warning would have been in order so at least I could have booked at some of the other lovely, quiet apartments available in Williamstown.
No fans and poor lighting in the bathroom. Shame about the noise as the location is beautiful

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
England
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We booked a two bedroom executive apartment for five nights. The apartment was spacious and the regular servicing ensured that we had adequate towels and changes of bedding. However the apartment could have benefited from some redecoration and better equipping in terms of crockery and cutlery. We were disappointed not to have a sea view. Beware that in spite of being styled as an executive apartment, none of the apartments have more than one bathroom.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Visitor73
Williamstown
Reviewed February 12, 2010

The rooms are shabby as others have said, but I could live that. What I can't live with, is there doesn't seem to a quiet room in this place on the weekend. Between the pub and the functions in pelican's landing, I'm at my wits end. I'm staying here while on business, but I wont stay here any longer than I have to.

When I asked to change rooms because I was right next to the pub, they looked at me like I was nuts and informed me of that the functions in the restaurant could go well into 3am.

Quiet rooms are very important to me and I would only recommend this place if you are staying during the week or a part of the function in the restaurant. Currently there is a wedding reception there...Doing a quick google search, I found the amawind and punthill serviced apts, I will be checking those out tomorrow and hopefully moving.

A quick word on the "high" speed internet. I did a quick speed test and 300K down and 100K up barely qualifies as high speed. And of course it's extra, being from america where internet is usually free, I was quite surprised.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Darwin
Reviewed January 27, 2010

This hotel has a great location. It is unfortunate that the apartment we were in was comparatively small for the price and very shabby. We were in a room suitable for wheelchair access. It was too small and noisy because it was located over the driveway to the underground car park. It reminded me of a granny flat with threadbare and discolored carpet and curtains. The photos used on the internet are slightly misleading. We had no view of the foreshaw. We were booked in for 10 days but left after 7. For the price charged, I would recommend going elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Hobart, Tasmania
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Situated on the waterfront in the historic seaside town of Williamstown in Melbourne's south, the Quest is an ideal location to stay. Fantastic self contained apartment with plenty of space. Restaurant for lunch and dinner located next door.

Only complaint was the loud Saturday music/crowd at Sam's Boatshed Restaurant located just down the street from the hotel. So stay during the week and it should be fine.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
Middle Park Hotel
Central Business District
Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Grand Hyatt Melbourne
#23 of 158 in Melbourne

Been to Quest Williamstown? Share your experiences!