“To pricey for what it is!!”
Review of Bruin - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bruin
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Great location , great service . However it's way to overpriced and the food and as great as it should be . I recently popped in with my fiancé and we felt like a light dinner . We ordered a entree and four small plates off little mains they have as its more like a tappas ... I had a coke and my fiancé had a water . The food was in very small portions as expected . We did not have desert . However the price was ridiculous at $102 dollers for something so small and no alcohol . Joke on price ! I ask the waitress is there a mistake and she replied that's what you ordered . Doubt I will go again ...

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Opening in mid 2011 Bruin marks the return of interesting food to Williamstown. We've been a few times now, and on all night the quality of food was excellent, service was friendly and professional without ever being over bearing, and did I mention the flavours were fabulous? The food is inventive, with some Tapas style dishes not like anything we've had anywhere else.
What is also splendid is the wine list, not huge, but of great breadth, with interesting offerings from local and imported across the price and quality spectrum.
We've taken different friends on a few different eves and all have had a great night and found the dining to be fab. Proof in the pudding is each night we go it feels like a re-union of long time Williamstown gentry!
Yay....

Bruin is run by Ian from Corner Shop and Wee Jeanie in Yarraville. He continues to offer tasty, fresh and creative food. We had one great day where without planning it we met one group of friends at Corner Shop for breakfast, has a quick light work lunch at Wee Jeanie then met friends at Bruin for dinner - three meals with Ian in a day was a delight!

Cheerio chaps