“Faultless”

Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I can't fault Ragusa, everything about this gem of a restaurant is perfect from the casual yet welcoming and efficient service of the wait staff through the wine menu and varied options for entree, mains, deserts and sides - it is simply perfect.

The yabby risotto and morton bay bug are to die for and the sarma is heaven.

The calamari salad is light and full of flavour.

No words I share here will convince you, you must go and try it yourself and be amazed at how such humble food can become so extroadinary.

10 out of 10

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Combine the fresh food (interesting menu) with local and imported Croatian wine and you have the recipe for a great meal out.

Our waiter was attentive, friendly and helpful when it came to advising us about red wine from Hvar to accompany our chosen dishes.

The only thing to improve is the lighting. Though low ambient light is pleasant, a small candle on our table would have made a nice difference. Our corner was quite dark.

We highly recommend Ragusa.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The squid ink dumplings were fantastic and reminded me of a dish that I loved in Split. Williamstown is lucky to have such a great alternate dining option.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was in Williamstown for a few days to work so I checked Trip Advisor for restaurant recommendations before I left home. Ragusa was highly rated and lived up to the hype.
I was by myself and was given a good table with a view across the room to the bar. First course was bugs, great. Main was Croatian cabbage rolls, delicious.
Two courses, wine and coffee for under $80, very satisfied.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We happened upon Ragusa on a Friday night after work and were very impressed! I hadn't eaten at a dedicated Croatian restaurant before, but I certainly will again. The restaurant itself is modern and clean and yet there is a still a cosy atmosphere. The staff were extremely attentive with quick and faultless service. The food was delicious, very fresh and superbly cooked - luckily we were hungry as the meals are very generous.

There is a function room at the back which is handy to know and every guest who arrived for the function they had on that Friday night was greeted like a long lost friend.

Ragusa is a happy place, it's definitely worth visiting and so refreshing to find such a gem in Williamstown which does struggle to offer really top quality restaurants at an attractive price. Let's hope more of the local restauranters take a feather from their cap!