“ALTONA HOMESTEAD”

and up
Altona Homestead Ghost Tour
Ranked #4 of 6 Tours in Williamstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Be incarcerated in a Lunatic asylum, visit an abandoned morgue or be a ghost hunter for the night. Lantern Ghost Tours run award winning tours to Australia's most haunted locations. 2014 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013 Telstra Australia Business Awards Finalist2013 RACV Tourism Awards Finalist 2013 Melbourne Fringe Festival 2013 Midsumma FestivalAs seen on Postcards, Coxy's Big Break, Eat Play Stay, Herald Sun, The Age, Sydney Morning Herald
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My Hubby and I went to Altona homestead on friday 13th of July. The history of the place was amazing and walking out to the pier on a foggy night really did set the secene.

The main dinning room in the homestead I diffently felt a dominat male presence on the chair. It wasn't till our tour guide said that on this chair a amn can been seen here. i could not see him but I felt his presecnce and he did not seem all that happy that we were in his room.

1  Thank melissa t
There are newer reviews for Lantern Ghost Tours

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and i did the tour of the Altona Homestead last Friday nite. Our guide Lisa was very informative and got the group involved. Firstly we went for a bit of a walk around Altona and heard a few stories from days gone by which are always interesting to listen too. Then we went into the Homestead. Hubby and I took alot of photo's whilst in the homestead but nothing untoward showed up in any of them. A few people said that they felt changes in temperatures when we went from room to room but I never felt anything much or got any vibes of "others".
If you are into this kind of thing ghost tours and whatnot then I would recommend you do any of the tours hosted by Lantern Ghost Tours as they are fun and informative.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My partner and I went on the Williamstown tour last night. The weather was perfect and Ross was a great host. We loved hearing about the history of the place and the experiences of locals and other people on the tour. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn about the history of the area in a very enjoyable format.

Just keep in mind that you need parking change if you want to park near the visitor's centre and currently it's $3.00 an hour up until 10 pm on a Sunday (free thereafter). The street it's on also has a lot of dinner options, and reminds me a lot of St Kilda in how active it is at night.

The only thing that ruined it for me personally was a strange old lady who was on the tour and thought she'd get a laugh out of pulling my hair down one of the laneways while walking behind me, and then making a big deal about me asking her if she'd pulled my hair to Ross, as if it had been a paranormal experience (she admitted to having done it 5 minutes later when I was by myself). Seriously immature! Obviously this is not the fault of the experience provider, so my rating for the actual tour is 10/10. People need to realise that doing these sorts of things really takes away from the tour and from anything that happens that is truly inexplicable.
Fun is fun, but pulling drawn-out pranks on people in an attempt to make them look silly is another.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We ventured on the Point Cook Tour on Halloween, what a fantastic night after enjoying a lovely meal we met our guide Alex out the front of the restaraunt. Alex was a fantastic guide, very informative made the tour very interesting, would highly recommend this tour we are looking at dates for the Williamstown tour now and will definately go on the Point Cook tour again in the future. Thank you for a great night.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have been to both the Williamstown and Point Cook tours run by Lantern and both were great!

Coincidentally our tour guide was the same both times, Ann is a fabulous guide with a great knowledge of the areas history.

My camera did some very strange things at Point Cook, a beautiful homestead with an ocean view, just stunning.

These are great tours, good value, excellent guides and a fun night out!