“Last Minute Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Moama, Australia
“Last Minute Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrived in Williamstown on a Thursday evening expecting accommodation without booking !!! Luckily we stumbled upon the Captains Retreat, a lovely 2 storey terrace house near the bay front. Melissa, the perfect host showed us a couple of rooms, we chose the smaller one out the back which opens onto the rear deck with views of the bay. Went to the restaurant next door (discount because Melissa booked us in - great meal) for dinner and walked back to our room after a few good wines, The comfy, full of character lounge room is also used for breakfast in the morning. Great breakfast and would be perfect in the warmer months on the rear deck. We have already recomended this b&b to several of our friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a beautiful converted terrace house a stone's throw from the water. The host, Melissa, was very helpful, walking to a nearby restaurant to book me a table when their phone was out of order. Very warm and inviting, it has a personal feel with lovely furnishings.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Captains Retreat several times over the last couple of years. Melissa is the host and a great one at that. The building, layout and design of this accommodation if fantastic. The energy and friendliness of the staff are second to none. Ensure that you have breakfast in the morning to maximise the relaxing experience. I have recommended this B&B to my peers and am looking forward to bringing my wife here in the future.

Also, ask Melissa about the history of the establishment as it is very interesting.

Melissa, thanks again for your hospitality and I will see you next time.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I bought a voucher to stay at Captains Retreat with my mum and upon arrival we were treated like royalty & felt wonderful the whole time we were there, only stayed one night in the captains suite, which was furnished to perfection, we felt so classy & elegant during our stay. My mum just loved the furnishings & decor, everything is perfect, most of all the bed was super soft and instantly comfortable so we slept like angels...breakfast next morning in our pyjamas was so relaxing and food was divine with exceptional friendly host that makes you feel special from the minute we arrived here. I would recommend this place to everyone I see....superb!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Captains Retreat last weekend.Superbly furnished in old world warmth and charm.The owner was a friendly to us, the rooms are beautifully decorated, the bathroom was also immaculate. We have stayed in many places here and overseas and I can say the mattress was the most comfortable we have ever slept on.We thoroughly recommend this lovely B & B.

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for the Enterprise Room. Gas log fire etc and glimpses of the bay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I travelled down to Melbourne for a sporting event and looked for places to stay booked the captains retreat and what an amazing stay we had, Melissa couldn't do enough for us on checkin and Aunt Marie looking after us the next day with Breakfast and just a great person who you would think you have known forever, the rooms are amazing and very clean, great location right on the water would recommend this place to anybody and will be back again one day.

Cathy & Adrian

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed at Captain's Retreat over night when I had commitments in the evening and early the following morning. My only complaint is about myself! Why didn't I take the time to stay longer and enjoy the beautiful and serene accommodation on offer? I will go back. It is a place that I would enjoy for a romantic getaway or for a weekend with friends. The interior decoration is exquisite and interesting and the staff are welcoming and thoughtful. Enjoy the home baked cake just asking to be eaten!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
Middle Park Hotel
Hotel Claremont
#100 of 158 in Melbourne
Punthill Williamstown
#3 of 7 in Williamstown

Been to Captains Retreat? Share your experiences!