Coco Loco Eco Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Marina Puesta del Sol(Aposentillo)
Hotel Los Portales(Chinandega)
Excellent 5/5
  • Beachfront
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Hotel El Convento(Leon)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsyoga studiococo locohomemade granolapeanut buttereco resortcomposting toiletsnon profitlocal communityhigh schoolbeach housefalling asleepoff the beaten pathevery mealowners and staffthatched roofperfect weekspent a week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This place was wonderful. The food was fantastic and everyone here was so friendly and down for good conversation over great music. Steps from the beach and amazing cabanas to stay in. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Briana B
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at El Coco Loco during a week long service trip where we worked with Waves of Hope and the community in El Manzano Uno. The resort was even more beautiful than I could have imagined. Every meal was delicious, we did yoga each morning, and were steps away from the beach and pool. We had an amazing time getting to know the people of El Manzano Uno and learning about Jamie and Ben's work with Waves of Hope. It was truly the experience of a lifetime and one of the best places I've ever stayed. I would strongly recommend working with Waves of Hope during your stay. It's an amazing nonprofit, and getting to know the people in the community was an incredible experience. Our stay was perfect. I can't wait to go back to El Coco Loco again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2013

El Coco Loco is an absolutely beautiful eco-resort that offers volunteer trips, surf camps, and yoga certification. The resort is beautiful and run by two of the most compassionate and caring people I have ever met. I had the opportunity to volunteer with them during my stay, and it was great to see community integration among everyone. The resort itself is beautiful, with a two minute walk down to the beach. The employees are very personable and want to make sure that you are enjoying your time there. I will definitely be back to El Coco Loco in the future!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at El Coco Loco during a one week service trip where we volunteered through Waves of Hope to help build a high school for the community and help teach English to adults and kids. Outside of Waves of Hope, El Coco Loco is a wonderful and comfortable place to stay. The area is so beautiful and they have a great amount of activities available at low prices. The food is to die for. Be ready to be in greater touch with the community and faculty of the resort, which includes some of the most colorful and welcoming people you will ever meet. El Coco Loco provides the most unique and meaningful vacation experience, I wish I never had to leave!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

El Coco Loco is an amazing resort with fantastic amenities. Excellent food featuring lots of fish and fruit. Great location, with excellent surfing available. There's a yoga studio, a pool, a volleyball court, and a soccer field available as well. El Coco Loco is within a day's travel from Managua or Granada. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Commitment to being sustainable and community-oriented sets El Coco Loco apart from other resorts in the Chinandega area. The resort is also home to Waves of Hope, an organization dedicated to improving the lives of those in the community of Mazano Uno. I would highly recommend those who visit El Coco Loco get involved with Waves of Hope as well, as it is an experience that will stay with me for the rest of my life.