“rip off”

Golden Pebble Melbourne
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wantirna
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stay there for 2 nights, charged $10 for delivering a coke( I went down to reception and they said they would bring it up and then charged me for it), , I hate to say this when I made a complaint stated couldnt speak english so had to wait, sorrry but its rue.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank laddie-11

Reviewed April 12, 2012

The room was average (cheap furniture and fittings). Sadly, a multitude of things combined to give this place a crap rating. The aircon played up, the bar fridge stopped working effectively, the lift stopped working on occaision, the staples in the carpet join were all poking thru! The kicker was having the room cleaning staff walk in on us IN BED, when they were told to wait!!! Their english was sooo bad it was ridiculous. Naked husband not happy!!!The business centre is a joke. No wifi available and as for the gym, my bedroom at home is bigger! There were also many small gripes that I could bang on about for ages but I'm sure you get the gist....would we stay there again...NO!
I presented them with all of these concerns on checkout, asking for a discount (as I would do for dissatisfied clients in my business) and they looked at me like I had two heads...pfftt!

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bubs69
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in August 2011, rooms are lovely, very clean, bed nice, outside noise terrible. The lift was constantly used, and stairway door slammed all night, no sleep, not hotels fault however when I complained they said, "Oh sorry about that, yes we have young guys doing that all night!!!!!" Well, why was I put beside the lift and stairwell, they did not care at all.

Room Tip: Under no circumstances sleep near lift or stairwell.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at this motel several times over the past few years primarily for its location to family. The rooms are good and staff have always been helpful (usually only see them at check in and check out). Once the air conditioning was playing up: that wasn't a fun few hours. We generally don't use the restaurant. On one occasion the music from the club across the road was very loud. Not quite sure any room would have been exempt from that.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BillJKingaroy
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel , on business trips, more than a dozen times over the last 5 years.In the main I have been very happy with that standard of this hotel. The staff are usually very helpful and efficient. The rooms and bathrooms are quite spacious, all in all comfortable and pleasant.
The restaurant attached to the hotel has changed owners and names several times in the last 5 years and is currently a Chinese restaurant. I had good food in the the one meal I had there during my last trip. Breakfast could do with improving but it is only $10.00!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Geraldine Q
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I went to a family getogether with my husband and my little daughter and we stayed at Golden Pebble for three nights. It was a excellent stay. It is clean quiet in the room and the room service is so in time and great. The receptionists are so patient with my little daughter and I feel so comfortable. I will definitely recommend this great hotel to everyone who will visit melbourne.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2011

New, clean, decent hotel in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne - not sure if i would stay here on vacation - but for business - parking is free and itnernet is fast. Staff are not to friendly - but you only really see them at check in and out .....Try to book a room at the ront of the hotel - as they have balconies and are larger. There is a club across the road if you want a meal (before 8pm) otherwise plenty of choices nearby by car. If you choose hotels for their breakfast or on-site restaurant this hotel is not for you - breakfast is a "cup of coffee and a piece of toast" and the restaurant on site has closed.

Room Tip: Front of hotel - with balcony
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BusinessTravelsAsia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wantirna
Quality Inn & Suites Knox
#1 of 5 in Dandenong
York on Lilydale
York on Lilydale
#1 of 1 in Mount Evelyn

Been to Golden Pebble Melbourne? Share your experiences!